23. Bookstore

A/n: Okay so let's pretend that it's summer. Anyways, I hope that you enjoy this imagine. Okay, let's begin!

I'm currently on tour with my fiancé, the singer and songwriter, Shawn Mendes. He proposed to me in the beginning of the summer when we were at a lake house, and the next day he asked if I wanted to join him on tour. I'm off from school for the summer, so I said yes. I looked out the window of the tour bus and watched everything go by. Shawn is going to perform at the Staples Center in Los Angeles tomorrow night. I felt the seat dip, and looked over to see my handsome fiancé sitting next to me. I smiled as he kissed my forehead.

"Are you okay darling?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. Why?" I asked.

"You're just sitting here staring out the window." Shawn said. I leaned on him and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and I put my head on his chest. He immediately began to rub my arm and back.

"Yeah, I just like to look at the view." I said. Shawn kissed the top of my head and I smiled.

"Okay baby. But you would tell me if something was up, right?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. When are we going to our next bookstore?" I asked as I looked up at him. He chuckled and put his hand to my cheek so he could rub it with his thumb.

"We should be there soon. I like this little tradition we have." Shawn said. Shawn and I decided that in every city that we were in, we would go to a local bookstore and I would get a book since I love to read. It was Shawn's idea.

"Yeah, I like it too. You're cozy." I said, causing Shawn to laugh.

"Shawn! Y/n! We're at a bookstore!" Andrew yelled back to us. I immediately jumped up and Shawn stood up too. We interlaced our fingers, his touch feeling safe and warm, and Shawn guided me out of the bus. We stepped foot in the bookstore and I felt excited. It was a good sized bookstore.

"Where should we look first babe?" Shawn asked. I shrugged.

"I don't know. What about the young adult section?" I asked. Shawn nodded and we found the young adult section.

"Honey, I found the poetry section." Shawn said. I smiled and walked over to him. "What do you think about these? Haven't you been wanting to read them for awhile now?" Shawn asked as he held out two books, "For When She's Feeling Blue" and "Her Favorite Color Was Yellow" both by Edgar Holmes. I smiled as I nodded.

"Yeah. You know me so well." I said. Shawn chuckled.

"Should we go up and pay?" Shawn asked. I nodded. We got to the front of the line and as I went to get my cash out, Shawn had already taken out his credit card. I sighed.

"Would you let me pay for once?" I asked. Shawn laughed as he shook his head.

"Nope. You're on tour with me, so let me treat you baby girl." Shawn said.

"Fine. Thank you for this." I said. Shawn took the bag with my books from the cashier and then he interlaced our fingers.

"You're welcome. Anything for my girl." Shawn said, and I blushed. We soon got back on the tour bus.

"Did you have fun in your version of the candy store?" Andrew asked. I nodded.

"Yup." I said, and went to the back of the bus so I could read. Shawn followed me. I opened up the book "For When She's Feeling Blue" and then found a pen. I usually don't write in books, but this one has beautiful poetry in it.

"You're going to write in it?" Shawn asked. I looked up at him as he sat across from me.

"Yeah, I was just going to make notes in it. But you did buy it, if you don't want me to write in it, then that's okay, I won't." I said. Shawn shook his head and waved his hand.

"It's fine baby girl. Write in it as much as you want, I don't care." Shawn said. I smiled at him and leaned forward to kiss his cheek. I then opened up the book and began to mark it up. The whole time that I was lost in the pages, I could feel someone's eyes on me. I soon heard my phone ding and saw that Shawn had posted a photo on Instagram. I unlocked my phone and saw that the picture was of me reading. "My cute little bookworm." Shawn had captioned it. I smiled and liked the photo. I then looked up at him.

"I love you." I said. Shawn smiled at me.

"I love you too darling." Shawn said. I put a bookmark on the book and walked over to him.

"Can I sit on your lap please?" I asked. He nodded.

"Of course. I think we're almost at the hotel though." Shawn said. I nodded as I sat on his lap. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped my arms around his shoulders.

"Can we cuddle when we get to the hotel?" I asked. Shawn nodded.

"Of course. You look tired." Shawn said. I nodded.

"Yeah, I am tired." I said.

"If at any point you want to go home, just let me know and I won't be upset." Shawn said. I shook my head.

"I'm okay honey, I promise. Plus, going home would mean being away from you, and I don't want that." I said. Shawn smiled at me.

"We're here!" Andrew yelled. I got off of Shawn's lap and Shawn and I headed up to our hotel room. I plopped myself down on the bed and then looked at Shawn.

"Cuddles?" I asked. He chuckled and nodded.

"Yeah. It's time for a nap." Shawn said. I nodded and him and I got under the covers and cuddled up to each other. I then looked up at him and placed a gentle and loving kiss on his lips. When we pulled away, he was smiling at me. I then put my head back on his chest and fell asleep. I'm so in love with Shawn and our bookstore adventures.