13. One Year Wedding Anniversary

I woke up in the morning in the arms of my husband of now one year, Shawn Mendes. He was still asleep. I admired his handsome features for a moment before kissing his jaw, which made him smile, and then getting out of bed to make us some breakfast. I went downstairs and into the kitchen to make the pancakes. I turned around to get an ingredient and gasped. In the living room there were dozens upon dozens of roses. Oh my gosh. When did he find the time to do this? We literally went to bed together last night.

Happy tears ran down my face as I thought of how lucky and blessed I am to have such an amazing husband. I went upstairs and saw that Shawn was still sleeping. I got into bed with him and lightly shook him awake. He opened his eyes and his eyes widened when he saw that I was crying.

"What's wrong love?" He asked.

"You, my love, are the most amazing man ever. I love you so much Shawn." I said. Shawn smiled.

"I love you so much too honey. I'm guessing that you went downstairs?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. I went downstairs so I could make you breakfast in bed, and then I went to get something and I saw the roses. When did you do it? How did you do it? How much did you pay for it?" I asked. Shawn sat up and chuckled.

"When did I do it? Your brother came over and helped me when you were asleep. How did I do it, like I said, your brother helped me. I ordered them as I was getting into my tuxedo on our wedding day." Shawn said.

"Are you serious?" I asked. Shawn chuckled and nodded.

"Yup. And how much did I pay for it? That, my dear, you don't need to know." Shawn said with a smirk.

"Shawn! You're my husband and I'm your wife, we're supposed to share this information!" I said. Shawn laughed.

"This is true, but I'm not going to tell you how much I paid for your gift." Shawn said. I groaned, causing Shawn to laugh.

"Ugh. Fine. Want to come downstairs and make breakfast with me?" I asked. Shawn nodded and we got up out of bed. He reached his hand out for mine, and I smiled as our fingers interlaced together. I felt sparks shoot through me, yet his touch felt inviting, safe, and warm, just like always. Shawn and I went downstairs and he stood behind me and kept kissing my neck and cheek while I made the pancakes.

"I love you so much Mrs. Mendes." Shawn said. I smiled.

"I love you so much too Mr. Mendes." I said. After making breakfast, Shawn and I sat down to eat. We kept saying I love you to each other. Once we were done eating, Shawn got up and turned on his speaker. He then put our first dance song, Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran, on and held his hand out to me. I smiled at him.

"Mrs. Mendes, would you like this dance?" He asked. I smiled and nodded.

"I would love this dance Mr. Mendes." I said. Shawn and I then slow danced around our kitchen just like we did on our wedding day.

"You know, I don't care about the fact that right now you're just wearing a t-shirt and shorts with no makeup. You look just as beautiful now as you did on our wedding day. In fact, you look even more beautiful." Shawn said into my ear as we danced to the song on repeat. I held him tighter.

"And you, my amazing husband, look just as amazing right now as you did on our wedding day. There's only one thing that would make this better." I said.

"And what's that?" He asked. I kissed his cheek and then whispered in his ear.

"If you were shirtless." I whispered. Shawn threw his head back with laughter. He then stepped away from me a little and took his shirt off. Holy crap he's hot and sexy as hell.