132. You Accidentally Interrupt His Livestream

Shawn's point of view

"So yeah, I'm just waiting for my newly wedded wife of five months to come home. She's getting her master's degree plus she works so she's been crazy busy. I wish that she would slow down and take a deep breath." I said to my fans over a live stream as I played with the wedding band that Y/n had put on me. The door swung open and my wife, Y/n Mendes, weakly smiled at me as she walked in.

"Hi handsome." She said as she took off her shoes.

"Hi gorgeous. You okay baby?" I asked. Something was off, and I wanted to find out what it was. I completely forgot about the live stream as my focus turned one hundred percent to my wife. She sighed and sat down next to me and faced me.

"Today was just such a long day. First I had my three classes, and then after that I had to go straight to work and be there for five hours. Plus, it was crazy busy at work today. My boss actually asked me to stay later than I usually do but then he said that I looked tired so he let me go home at the regular time." Y/n said as I began to rub her cheek with my thumb. I nodded.

"Well I'm sorry that you had such a stressful day baby girl. What can I do to help you feel better?" I asked. She thought for a moment.

"I think that right now I just need to cuddle with you and hear your voice if that's okay." She said. I nodded.

"Of course it is darling. Come here, let's lay down on the couch." I said and we did.

"Do you want me to lay next to you or on you?" She asked. I smiled.

"On me." I said.

"Are you sure?" She asked. I nodded.

"Of course I'm sure. Come here baby." I said and she laid on top of me. She put her chin on my chest and I rubbed her back as she looked at me. "Better?"

"A bit, yeah." She said. I kissed the top of her head.

"Do you want me to tell you a story?" I asked. She smiled a little. Wow, she did look tired. My poor wife.

"Yes please." She said and I smiled. She began to smile even more when she realized what story I was telling.

"Well, once upon a time, a man walked into a Dunkin Donuts shop in Boston. He had never been there before and so he was going to ask the girl that was getting her drink what he should order. And when the man saw the girl, he fell for her right away, and immediately knew that he wanted - and still wants - to spend the rest of his life with her. So, then she came up to him and they traded numbers and the man asked her out on a date. She said yes, and the man was very happy. The next day, they had their second date and that's when they kissed for the first, second, and third time." I said.

"I bet that the girl got crazy feelings when she kissed the man." Y/n said. I smiled and nodded.

"Yup. So the man and the girl got to know each other even with distance between them. They would talk all of the time, to the point where it annoyed the man's manager and security guard." I said and I was glad to hear my wife's beautiful laugh.

"Yeah I'm guessing that it annoyed the girl's family and friends too." Y/n said and I smiled at I nodded.

"Yup. After the man's tour was over, he flew to Boston and showed up at the girl's house with flowers and asked her to be his girlfriend, and she said yes. Then, the man panicked a little because he hadn't asked her parent's permission, but her mom was fine with it. Then, after two years of dating, they moved in together to a beautiful house in the suburbs of Massachusetts. The man didn't want to disrupt the girl's schooling or her chances of her getting the job of her dreams, and plus he had, and still does have, nothing but love for her, and would do anything for her." I said.