30. He Gets Mad At You

A/n: Explicit language and LOTS of drama in this one! Okay, I hope that you guys like it. Let's begin!

I came home after a long day of school, which was followed by a long day of work, wanting nothing more than to crawl into my fiancé, Shawn Mendes's, arms. I opened up the front door to the home that we share and walked in. I looked around the first floor for Shawn, but I couldn't find him. I went upstairs and he was in his office, so I knocked on the door.

"Come in." He said, and there was something that was off with his tone. I walked in and he didn't even turn to see who it was. I sat down in the chair that was next to his desk. He still didn't look up to see who it was.

"Hi baby." I said.

"Hi." He said.

"Are you okay Shawn?" I asked. He finally looked up at me.

"This wedding is costing me a fortune." He said.

"Okay... what can I do to help?" I asked. The money that I was making was already going toward car payments and other bills. Shawn shrugged.

"Nothing. Just like usual." He said.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"Nothing." He said.

"No, what did you just say?" I asked.

"I said 'nothing, just like usual.'" He said as he looked up at me.

"And what exactly is that supposed to mean?" I asked. I was tired from the long day and now I was feeling frustrated.

"It means that you don't exactly help to pay for the wedding." Shawn said.

"And who was the one that said to me 'Babe, you're a student. Let's let our families pay for stuff and I'll pay for stuff too.' Who said that Shawn?" I asked, the feeling of frustration rising.

"I did." He said as he sighed.

"Exactly. So you can't give me shit when this was your idea. Don't you think I feel bad about the fact that my wedding dress costed you three thousand dollars, even though you told me to pay for it with your credit card? Don't you think I feel bad about the fact that we're getting married at a place that costed a few thousand dollars? And I couldn't help! But that was your fucking idea Shawn, so don't you dare give me shit when it was your idea." I practically yelled.

"Well you're the one that's picking out all of this expensive stuff for the reception and stuff!" He yelled back.

"You're the one that agreed to all of that! You literally could have turned down any and all of it and we could've picked something else that we liked. I'm not doing this on purpose Shawn. I'm not trying to drive you into debt." I said.

"Well you're finally getting what you wanted, aren't you?" He asked.

"What?" I asked.

"You've always been with me for the money, and now you get to blow mine on this stupid wedding." He said. My eyes went wide and my hand went to my mouth.

"First of all, you know that I wouldn't care if you were broke and living on the streets, I would still love you just as much as I do now. You know that I'm so beyond in love with you! And you just called our wedding stupid! How could you Shawn? You know what? I need to go." I said as I got up and left the room.

"Wait, Y/n, I didn't mean it baby. Please come back." Shawn said, but I was already heading down the stairs. I was tempted to take off my engagement ring and give it to him if he really thought that our wedding is stupid. I left the house and got in my car. I looked up to see Shawn running out of the house after me, but it was too late. I had already put the car in reverse and started to drive away. I drove to my mom's house, which isn't too far away from where Shawn and I live. I walked in and she was sitting on the couch watching tv. I sat down next to her and bursted into tears.