153. Q and A Tattoos

My fiancé is the singer and songwriter, Shawn Mendes, and I'm currently on tour with him. I was laying backstage with Shawn, my head on his chest as he rubbed my back, before he began to speak.

"So are you coming into my q and a again today?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. But only if that's okay with you." I said as I looked up at him. He smiled at me.

"Of course it's okay with me darling." Shawn said. I smiled. I then sat up.

"I want to write this reminder to myself down now before I forget." I said, and then wrote something down. Shawn nodded and soon Jake knocked on the door.

"Time for your q and a." Jake said. Shawn and I stood up and nodded. Shawn interlaced his fingers with mine and as our skin touched, I felt electricity spark through me yet I felt safe and warm at the same time. I walked into the q and a with Shawn and sat down next to him.

"Thank you guys for letting me join." I said. Shawn kissed my cheek and then went over the usual rules.

"All I ask is that you don't speak while someone else is asking a question. Also, it's fine to ask Y/n questions. All right, let's get started. What's your question honey?" Shawn asked a fan.

"My question is for Y/n, um, does it bother you that Shawn calls fans honey and sweetie?" She asked. I shook my head.

"No, because I'm the one that he calls babe, and baby and things like that." I said.

"Out of all of my nicknames for you, which one is your favorite?" Shawn asked me. I thought for a moment.

"Oh gosh, I don't know. I love it when you call me darling, and I love it when you call me love or your love. I think that those are my top three." I said.

"What about when I call you future Mrs. Mendes?" Shawn asked as he rubbed my back gently. I smiled really wide and big.

"Yeah I love that one." I said and Shawn smiled. He then went back to questions.

"What's your question?" He asked.

"Have you guys set a date for your wedding?" She asked. We shook our heads.

"No, but we're hoping to do a spring wedding." Shawn said. I nodded.

"Yes, but not like, this coming spring. Probably the spring after. We want to take our time planning the wedding to make sure that everything is perfect." I said and Shawn nodded. He then wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer to him. I giggled and he rested his head on my shoulder.

"Do you mind this babe?" Shawn asked. I reached my hand around and began to play with his hair before pulling it away.

"Not at all babe." I said. Shawn then chose another fan.

"My question is for Y/n, um so, why do you have a pen in your hands?" She asked. I looked down and realized that I did in fact have a pen in my hands. I looked at Shawn, who had picked his head up.

"I didn't even realize that I had a pen in my hands. I had to write something down earlier so I guess that I just didn't put it down. I was too distracted by Shawn's good looks." I said and everyone laughed and when I looked at Shawn, he blushed.

"Oh my gosh honey." Shawn said.

"Wait, can I give you a pen tattoo?" I asked. He smiled at me and when I saw his smile, I could have sworn that I felt a thousand butterflies in my stomach. He nodded.

"Sure." He said.

"Yay!" I said. He gave me his arm and I thought for a moment.

"Are you going to do it?" He asked.

"Yes, I'm just trying to figure out what I should write or draw on you. Okay, I got it, don't look and stay still please." I said and Shawn chuckled as he chose someone else. I began to write on him and he laughed.

"This tickles a little." He said.

"Stop moving babe!" I said and he laughed but stayed still. I then finished what I wrote.

"Can I look now?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yup." I said. He looked at it and smiled.

"I love it. Can I read it to the fans?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yes." I said. He looked at his arms and read what I wrote.

"Shawn, you are the love of my life, my soulmate, my everything. My love for you is infinite. Never forget that. Love, Y/n." He read.

"Awww." The fans said.

"Wait, can I give you a tattoo please?" Shawn asked and I nodded.

"Yeah. Do you want me to answer questions while you do that?" I asked.

"Yes please. And don't move or look, okay?" He asked. I nodded.

"Okay." I said. I then laughed when I felt the pen.

"Don't move!" Shawn said.

"It tickles! Okay, anyways, the girl wearing all pink." I said. She smiled.

"What's it like to be engaged to Shawn?" She asked. I smiled.

"Oh it's wonderful. A lot of people see him as the Grammy nominated singer, or the pop singer, or the heartthrob, or maybe all of those, but to me he's just Shawn, the love of my life and best friend. He treats me like I'm a queen and he always showers me with his love and affection and I love that." I said. Shawn then finished my tattoo.

"Okay, you can look." He said. I looked down and tears formed in my eyes as I smiled at it and then at him.

"That's beautiful. Can I read it to your fans?" I said and asked. Shawn smiled and nodded.

"Of course babe." He said. I looked down and read it.

"Y/n, you are my sun, my moon, my stars, my whole galaxy, and I love you more than anything. Xx - Shawn." I read. He smiled at me and kissed my cheek.

"Why do you look like you're going to cry?" Shawn asked.

"It's just really beautiful. I should get this tattooed on me. Like, legitimately tattooed on me." I said. Shawn's eyes widened.

"That's permanent." Shawn said. I nodded.

"I know. But you always say that our love is permanent, right?" I asked. Shawn nodded.

"Okay. Just... let's take a picture of it now and then just think about it babe. Please?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Okay." I said and soon the q and a was over. We went back to Shawn's dressing room since he had some time before his concert. We had already taken a picture of what he had written on me.

"So you really want that tattooed on you baby?" Shawn asked. I nodded as my back leaned against Shawn's chest and he rubbed my arms.

"Yup." I said. Shawn kissed the side of my head.

"Okay darling, whatever you want." Shawn said. We got married not the following May, but the May after, and as soon as we came home from our honeymoon, I had his beautiful words tattooed on the same place on my arm. I love Shawn so much.