119. You Tell Him You're Pregnant

About a month ago, my husband, the singer and songwriter Shawn Mendes, celebrated our one year wedding anniversary. We decided that we would make love every single day until we found out that we were pregnant. I began to have morning sickness, but me getting sick in the morning is something that happens sometimes, so I didn't think much of it. I soon realized that I hadn't gotten my period. I needed to get some pregnancy tests, but what if I go to the store and a fan sees me buying them? I went downstairs to where Shawn was. He smiled when he saw me.

"Hey there Mrs. Mendes. You know what?" He asked as I sat down next to him and immediately began threading my fingers through his hair.

"What?" I asked.

"I think that I should start calling you magical Mrs. Mendes because I get such magical feelings from you, especially when we kiss." He said with a smile and I smiled too.

"I love that. And when we're being intimate and making love, you can call me moaning Mrs. Mendes." I said with a giggle and Shawn threw his head back with laughter.

"I love that. Are you hungry?" He asked.

"I actually just got off the phone with my mom, and I'm going to have breakfast with her. You and I have been so busy screwing like rabbits that I've barely seen my mom." I said, causing Shawn to laugh again. He nodded.

"Okay darling. I love you." He said. I smiled.

"I love you too. Do I get a kiss before I leave?" I asked. He nodded.

"Well of course you do babe. Come here." He said and put his lips on mine. I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, I felt sparks shoot through my body like fireworks, and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my tummy. We soon pulled away and smiled at each other.

"I'll see you later honey." I said. He nodded.

"Okay baby. Tell my awesome mother in law that I say hi please." Shawn said. I nodded, got my shoes on, and left. I soon arrived at my mom's house, the house that I grew up in, and walked in. My mom was sitting on the couch.

"Hi Mom." I said.

"Hi honey. Is everything okay? I haven't seen you in what feels like forever." She asked and said and I felt bad.

"Sorry about that. Um, so Shawn and I have always known that we want to be married for a year before we start trying for a baby, so -" I started.

"But wait, you guys have been married for a little over a year now, right?" She asked with wide eyes. I nodded.

"Yeah. Thirteen wonderful married months with my best friend. But anyways, I've noticed that I've been getting sick in the mornings but I haven't really thought much of it because, as you know, sometimes I get sick in the mornings, that's been going on for years. However, my period is late. Could you do me a huge favor please?" I asked. My mom nodded.

"Yeah, of course, what is it?" She asked.

"I'm worried that if I go to the store and get some pregnancy tests, what if a fan spots me and tweets about it and then a rumor starts and people, including Shawn, get their hopes up for nothing? Would you mind please grabbing me some pregnancy tests and then I'll pay you back?" I asked. She immediately stood up.

"Sure! Oh my gosh. Wait, does Shawn know anything about this?" She asked. I shook my head.

"No. I don't want to tell him until I know that I'm pregnant and I still have to figure out a perfect way to tell him." I said. She nodded.

"Okay. I'll be right back, and don't worry about paying me back." She said.

"Mom, I'll pay you back." I said. She shook her head as she got her shoes on.