21. Comfort

A/n: Okay so I got in a really bad fight with my brother earlier and luckily we have made up but this idea is popped into my head. Soooo, here ya go. Also, I'm really sorry that it's so short! I hope that you guys enjoy it. Okay, let's begin!

My boyfriend is the singer and songwriter, Shawn Mendes. Shawn is currently away and in the U. K. because of tour rehearsals. Last night I spent the night at my mom's house and my brother was there. This morning, my brother and I got into a huge argument which resulted in us screaming at each other as I cried. I eventually decided to just leave, because obviously we weren't coming to a solution. So, I drove home to mine and Shawn's house.

Shawn's point of view

My girlfriend of three years, Y/n Y/l/n, has no clue that I'm going to surprise her. Earlier I had texted her and asked her where she was. She said that she was at her mom's house, and when she asked why, I told her that I was curious. I soon heard a car pull into the driveway, and I turned off the television.

I watched as Y/n walked in the front door, took her backpack off and set it on the ground, kick her shoes off, and then fall to the ground as she began to sob. My eyes widened and I ran over to her.

"Hey, hey, hey, what's going on?" I asked. Y/n looked at me as I sat down on the floor next to her.

"Shawn? What are you doing home?" She asked.

"Well I've missed my girl. I thought that it would be nice to surprise you. Come here, come sit on my lap and tell me what I can do to make you feel better." I said. Y/n crawled into my lap and I wrapped my arms around her and held her close.

"Can you just, just hold me for now please?" She asked as she kept crying. I nodded my head.

"Of course. I'm right here baby girl, and I'm not going anywhere." I said. Y/n nodded her head against my chest.

"Thank you." She said.

"You're welcome. When you're ready to talk, I'm right here and I'm all ears. Okay?" I asked. Y/n nodded her head again and after a few more minutes of me sitting on the floor holding her as she cried, she finally stood up and we walked over to the couch. Y/n then sat on the couch and told me all about the explosive fight that she had just had with her brother, who she considers to be one of her best friends.

"I just, it's hard because he's my brother and I love him. So hearing him scream at me makes me feel like crap." Y/n said. I nodded as I rubbed her back, trying to soothe her.

"I know honey. How about this: when you guys both cool down, you call him and talk it out calmly. Does that sound good baby?" I asked. Y/n nodded. I then laid down on the couch and Y/n laid down next to me and put her head on my chest. I traced random shapes on her back.

"I love you." Y/n said. I smiled.

"I love you too." I said.

"You always know how to make me feel better and comfort me. Thank you for that." Y/n said. I kissed the top of her head and pulled her closer to my body.

"You're welcome baby." I said. About fifteen minutes later, Y/n called her brother and they made up. I'm so glad that I surprised Y/n and that I could comfort her.