38. Therapy

A/n: Okay so this came to me in a dream so yeah. Anyways, please enjoy this imagine! Okay, let's begin!

I cradled my seven month pregnant belly as I waited for my therapist, Jessica, to show up. Her office is a bit of a ways away and you have to go up a narrow staircase to get there, and because I'm so far along in my pregnancy, she offered to come to mine and my husband Shawn Mendes's house for therapy.

"This is so weird." I said to Shawn before Jessica got there.

"What is?" He asked.

"My therapist is coming to our house." I said. Shawn chuckled and nodded.

"Yeah. Why don't you guys meet in my office and I'll just stay down here?" Shawn asked. I nodded. Shawn put his hand on my belly and rubbed it.

"I can't wait until our little girl is here." I said. Shawn nodded and kissed my cheek.

"I know. I wish that I could just hold her right now." Shawn said.

"Yeah, I feel the same way." I said. Soon, the doorbell rang.

"I got it." Shawn said, and he got up to get the door. Jessica walked in and smiled at me.

"Hi! Are you ready?" She asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. We're going to use Shawn's office and he's just going to stay down here. Do you want anything to eat or drink?" I said and asked as I carefully got up and walked over to the stairs. Jessica nodded.

"No I'm okay, thank you though." She said. Shawn put his hand on my belly.

"All right little one, be good to your Momma during her therapy session." Shawn said, and Jessica and I laughed. I smiled at him before going upstairs. Her and I sat down on the couch in Shawn's office.

"So how is everything?" She asked. I sighed and rubbed my belly.

"I know that I have to wait until she's fully grown and ready to come out, but I really just want to hold my little girl. I can't wait to see her. Shawn and I have been reading books about babies and so we're really excited." I said. Jessica nodded.

"I know that you want her here, but you're right, you do have to wait until she's fully developed and ready." Jessica said. I nodded. I then looked around and felt slightly emotional. Shawn's office was filled with pictures, mostly of him and I, and guitars. But I wasn't looking at the guitars, I was looking at the pictures. I carefully got up and picked up one of the photos that was on Shawn's desk. It was from our first dance.

"This is my favorite picture in here. I love it." I said before putting it down and then sitting back down.

"Do you know why you're crying?" Jessica asked.

"I mean, I know that he said that it was okay, but I feel so bad about using Shawn's office for this. This is where he writes his songs and comes up with melodies and everything. Can we bring him in please?" I asked. Jessica nodded and went to the top of the staircase and yelled for Shawn to come up. He soon came in. Jessica moved to a different chair so Shawn could sit on the couch with me.

"What's wrong darling?" Shawn asked as he sat down.

"I know that you said that it's okay to use your office for therapy sessions but I just feel bad." I said. Shawn tilted his head.

"Why honey?" He asked.

"Because this is like your sanctuary. This is where you get away from everything and just focus on music and I don't want to intrude." I said as I wiped my tears away.

"Oh honey, I don't care if you use this room or not. I just figured that it has the couch and stuff so it might be better. You're not intruding at all. You're my wife, you can come in here anytime that you want. This isn't just my house babe, this is your house too. This is our house." Shawn said. The tears slowly stopped and I nodded.

"Okay. I just don't want to be a bother or anything." I said as I looked at his lap. Shawn took his hand and put it to my cheek so I would look at him.

"Y/n Mendes, you never bother me. Ever. Okay?" He asked. I nodded.

"Okay." I said.

"Do you want me to head back downstairs so you guys can talk?" Shawn asked. I thought for a moment.

"Well, one more thing. I know that you and I talked about this earlier, but I just want our little girl here. I want to hold her and take care of her and everything." I said. Shawn put his hand on my belly and nodded.

"I know honey, I feel the same way. But she'll be here soon enough." Shawn said. I looked back and forth between my therapist and my husband.

"I kind of feel bad that we're not having my mom or Karen come in while I'm in labor." I said.

"But we talked about this, if we bring in one we feel like we should have the other come in, and we don't in to be too crowded in the delivery room." Shawn said. I nodded and so did my therapist.

"That's a good point." Jessica said. We nodded. Shawn then kissed my cheek and left the room so Jessica and I could talk. Soon our session was over and Jessica left. I went downstairs to where Shawn was.

"Hey baby. Did you have a good session?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. Thank you for coming in for a little bit." I said as I carefully sat down. Shawn nodded.

"Of course. Anything for you my love." Shawn said and I smiled at him.

"I love you Shawn Mendes." I said. Shawn smiled at me and rubbed my belly.

"I love you too Y/n Mendes." Shawn said. I smiled and leaned on him. I'm so happy to have such a good support system around me.