144. Attention & Jealousy

A/n: Explicit language in this one. Anyways, I hope that you enjoy. Okay, without further ado, let's begin!

I woke up in the morning expecting to find my husband of three months, the singer and songwriter Shawn Mendes, next to me, but instead of him, there was a note.

"Good morning Mrs. Mendes. I went out to breakfast with Andrew and the team. I didn't want to disturb you because you just looked so beautiful and peaceful. I'll see you in a bit and then we'll go to the awards show tonight. Love, your husband." Shawn had written. I wish he had woken me up, I would have loved to go out to breakfast with him and the team. I haven't seen them in a while, since the wedding actually.

I got out of the hotel bed and got dressed into some shorts and a t-shirt. I put on some shoes and went down to the lobby to eat lunch - alone. I sent Shawn a text.

Me: Good morning baby. I missed you this morning. I'm eating breakfast in the hotel lobby all alone now.

I didn't get a response from him. Usually he responds right away. After breakfast, I went back to mine and Shawn's hotel room. We would need to start getting ready in a couple of hours. I sat on the couch and put on a tv show. Half an hour before we were supposed to start getting ready, Shawn walked in. He barely even looked at me.

"Hi." I said. He looked at me briefly.

"Hi." He said.

"Did you get my text?" I asked. He nodded as he looked at something on his phone.

"Yeah." He said.

"Oh. You didn't respond like you usually do." I said. He looked at me.

"I can't always respond to you Y/n." He said.

"I know, I just figured that when you got a minute you would at least say good morning." I said. He scoffed and looked back at his phone. What?

Soon, people from hair and makeup came in. A stylist brought in my dress. Shawn got ready in Andrew's room as I got into a red dress that showed some leg. The makeup people put some mascara, eyeliner, and eyeshadow on me, and the hair people put my hair up in a ponytail. I hope that Shawn likes my outfit. Soon, there was a knock at the door. Someone opened it and Shawn walked in wearing a grayish suit. I smiled at him but he was focused on his phone.

"Shawn? How do I look?" I asked. He looked up at me.

"What? Oh you look good babe." He said and then went back to his phone. Any confidence that I had been feeling deflated.

"Are you guys ready to go?" Andrew asked. We nodded and I was surprised when Shawn didn't hold his hand or arm out for me to take. We soon headed out to the car and Shawn helped me in. He put his phone down and looked out the window. I reached my hand out and interlaced our fingers. I felt electricity spark through me, yet I felt safe and warm at the same time.

"So you like the dress?" I asked Shawn. He didn't even look at me as he nodded.

"Yes. I told you earlier that you look good." He said, sounding frustrated. I nodded.

"Okay, thank you. You look very handsome." I said.

"Thanks." He said. We soon arrived at the red carpet and Shawn helped me out. I faked a smile as we stepped out and began to walk the red carpet. Shawn had an arm around my shoulders and I had an arm around his waist. I wondered if his smile was fake too.

"Y/n! Shawn! Over here!" An interviewer called out. I was in no mood to do interviews, but I didn't want to make a scene on the red carpet, so I followed Shawn over to the interviewer.