168. Letters To The Bride

I looked at the time on my phone. It was 12:01 in the morning, so today is officially the day that I marry the love of my life, Shawn Mendes. The bride and groom aren't supposed to see each other before the wedding, so instead of Shawn sleeping next to me in our bed, his sister Aaliyah, who's also one of my bridesmaids, is laying next to me. My best friend and maid of honor, Grace, is sharing a bed with my other friend and bridesmaid, Avery. Basically, I have a bunch of bridesmaids scattered throughout the house. I texted Shawn, who was sleeping at the house that I grew up in.

Me: We're getting married today!! I really want to call you but I don't know if you're up or not.

Shawny baby: I'm awake darling. I know that I'm not allowed to see you, but I think that we're allowed to talk on the phone. Want me to call you?

Me: Hold on, let me step out onto the deck so I'm away from the bridesmaids.

Shawn: Okay baby.

I got out of bed and went downstairs. I stepped outside onto the deck and shut the door behind me. I called Shawn and he picked up right away.

"Hey beautiful girl." He said. I smiled.

"Hey handsome man. We get married today!" I said and Shawn chuckled.

"Yup. Oh honey I can't wait." He said.

"I know, I can't wait either. I really hope that you like the dress." I said.

"Darling, I know that I will. I hope that you like your surprise." He said and I could tell that he was smirking.

"Surprise? What surprise?" I asked. He chuckled.

"I can't tell you, but you should go to bed so you can get some rest. We have a long and wonderful day ahead of us my love." He said. I smiled.

"Okay. This time tomorrow we'll be husband and wife." I said.

"I'm so excited babe. I love you honey. Good night." He said.

"I love you too. Good night." I said, and we hung up. I went to bed and about six hours later, I was woken up to my bridesmaids jumping on me.

"WAKE UP Y/N!" They yelled.

"Okay, okay, I'm up." I said.

"We have a surprise for you." Camila Cabello said.

"What is it?" I asked. She handed me a box.

"Open it up. We'll be downstairs, but when you get to Shawn's come downstairs so we can videotape you reading it. Actually let's videotape your reaction to what it is." Camila said as she pulled out her phone and began recording. I opened up the box and my jaw dropped. It was a book. At the bottom of the book cover, it had today's date on it. In the middle of the book cover, there was a picture of a ring - my engagement ring - and at the top of the cover of the book, it said "Letters To The Bride" and tears formed in my eyes.

"Oh my gosh this is beautiful. Should I start reading it right now?" I asked and they nodded.

"Yes! Come downstairs when you get to Shawn's letter. He wants us to videotape your reaction to you reading his letter." Grace said and I nodded. They left the room and went downstairs. The first letter was from my mom, and I loved it. The second letter was from my dad. There were letters from my brother, Brian Craigen who is Shawn's best man, Shawn's friend and one of his groomsmen, Jon. There were other letters from Shawn's groomsmen, and each of my bridesmaids had written a letter. Finally, I got to the oh so familiar handwriting that I knew belonged to Shawn. I went downstairs and smiled at my bridesmaids.

"These are all so beautiful. I got to Shawn's letter." I said. Aaliyah got her phone out and started to videotape as I sat down.

"Okay, I'm recording, you can start reading now." She said.

"Wait, he's not supposed to see me until the wedding!" I said.

"We won't show him the video until after the ceremony." She said. I nodded and began to read the letter out loud.

"To my darling girl, who is about to become my wife,

Y/n, when my most recent tour was finished, I came home and you had written me a letter about how much you love me, what you love about me, and other things like that. I remember that I was so happy about the letter, that when I read it, I cried. So my precious girl, you wrote me a letter, let me write you this letter.

When I laid eyes on you for the first time, I fell in love right away. I remember thinking that I didn't want any other girl, I just wanted, and still want, you. You're the only one for me my love, and that will never change. You're my whole world and everything in it. Like you said in your letter to me, I will never be able to fully express how much I love you, but I can try, so here goes.

Y/n, you have never stopped supporting me. Never. I can't thank you enough for that. You've been there for me through my highs, and you've stuck by my side during the lows. I love the feelings that you give me. When we kiss, I feel my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, I feel butterflies erupt and fly around like crazy in my stomach, and I feel sparks shoot through me like fireworks. When we hold hands, or whenever our skin makes contact, I feel electricity spark through me, yet I feel safe and warm at the same time. I know that you love it when I hold you, but I also love it when you hold me. I love laying on the couch with you, my head on your chest as I listen to your heartbeat - the heart that you say only beats for me. I know that you get the same feelings, but when you hold me, it's like nothing bad can happen to me. You've taught me that home isn't always a place, it can also be a person.

My darling girl, I know that you get insecure at times, but you really are the most beautiful girl, the most beautiful being, that I've ever laid eyes on. I love your beautiful y/h/c hair, and I fell for your gorgeous y/e/c eyes before I fell for anything else. I love looking into your eyes. It's like I'm looking into your soul, and it's like your eyes can tell me stories. They tell me if you really are fine, they tell me if you're happy or not, but most importantly, when I look into your eyes, I see all of your love for me.

I can't thank you enough for loving me the way that you do. You love me deeply, and passionately, and you love me with everything in you. I hope that you realize that that's how I love you. I love you with everything in me. My love for you consumes me. You're the love of my life, and that's never going to change baby.

I love it when you read to me, or when you talk about something that you love. I love how excited you get when we got to the JFK Library and Museum. Your eyes light up with excitement and it's truly a beautiful sight to see. You take my breath away constantly, and I love seeing you so happy.

Thank you for everything. Thank you for saying yes to going on a date with me all those years ago at Dunkin Donuts. Thank you for saying yes to being my girlfriend, thank you for saying yes to becoming my wife. Thank you for being my best friend, my love, my girl, my soulmate, my rock, my protector, my everything. I love you darling. I'll see you soon.

Love,

Your soon to be husband, Shawn Mendes." I read as tears fell down onto my cheeks.

"That's beautiful!" Grace said. I nodded.

"Oh my gosh. I love it. I have to call him." I said. They nodded and I set the book down and stepped out onto the deck again.

"Hey soon to be wife." Shawn said.

"That surprise was absolutely beautiful and I loved it. Thank you so much honey." I said.

"You're welcome darling. I love you baby girl." He said.

"I love you too. Bye." I said.

"Bye." He said, and we hung up. Shawn and I had a magical wedding day, and I'm so happy to finally be Mrs. Y/n Mendes.