93. Stood Up

I stood in the closet that I share with my fiancé, the singer and songwriter Shawn Mendes. Shawn is currently at a meeting, but he will be meeting me at the restaurant nearby. We decided that we would discuss plans for our wedding next May. I put on a blue and white striped button, dark blue jeans, and gray boots. I put on mascara, eye shadow, and eyeliner. I hoped that Shawn likes my outfit.

I got in the car and turned on the radio. In My Blood started playing and I smiled as I looked at my beautiful engagement ring. I then backed out of the driveway and went to the restaurant. Shawn's jeep wasn't there, but maybe he was just running a little late. I went into the restaurant. Shawn had put the reservations under my last name, because if we had put it under Mendes, people would most likely suspect that it's Shawn.

I sat down at the table at the restaurant and waited for Shawn as the waiter gave me a glass of water. I waited ten minutes before pulling out my phone and calling Shawn. He didn't answer. I waited another ten minutes before calling him again, and once again, he didn't answer. A waiter then came up to me.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but is the other half of your party coming? We have people waiting for a table." He said.

"I guess he's not coming. I'll just go, I'm sorry." I said. I put some money down on the table in a way to apologize for the inconvenience and then left. When I pulled into the driveway at home, Shawn's jeep was there. Are you kidding me? I went inside and Shawn was sitting on the couch. He smiled when he saw me.

"Hello my darling. Where were you?" He asked. My jaw dropped.

"Are you kidding me?" I asked. He gave me a confused look.

"No I'm not kidding. Why would I be kidding?" He asked.

"Where were you tonight?" I asked.

"I had gone out to the bar with the band, Andrew, Geoff, and Brian. Why?" He asked.

"Do you remember where you were supposed to be tonight?" I asked. He thought for a moment and then scratched his head. He shook his head.

"No. Is there a certain place that I was supposed to be?" He asked.

"Remember how we were supposed to have a date night so we could discuss plans for our wedding?" I asked. His eyes widened.

"Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry babe." Shawn said.

"Whatever Shawn." I said. I went upstairs and got changed. I had shut the door and locked it so Shawn couldn't get in. I was hurt and upset. Shawn tried to open the door, but he couldn't get in.

"Please let me in honey. I'm so sorry." Shawn said. I ignored him and got a pillow and blanket instead. I then opened the door and handed it all to him.

"Here, you can sleep on the couch." I said. Shawn sighed as he took the stuff.

"Baby girl please. I don't want to sleep on the couch, I want to sleep in bed with you." He said.

"Well you should have thought about that before you forgot about our date night. Shawn, we were going to go over wedding plans! How could you forget about this?" I asked. Shawn ran his fingers through his hair.

"I'm sorry honey. I didn't mean to forget about it. Can we sit down and talk about the wedding plans right now please?" He asked. I thought for a moment before shaking my head.

"I'm too upset right now. I just need to wind down and go to bed and sleep." I said. Shawn nodded.

"You know I love you, right?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yes. I love you too. Good night Shawn." I said and shut the door before he could respond. I locked the door again and went to bed. I tossed and turned, trying to fall asleep. If I can fall asleep alone while he's on tour, then I can fall asleep alone for one night while he's sleeping on the couch. But I couldn't sleep.