36. Brian's Best Man Speech

Shawn's point of view

I sat next to my newly wedded wife Y/n, at our table at the reception of our wedding. I looked over at her and smiled. She was smiling at all of our loved ones that were seated at the tables in front of us. Her and I were holding hands so I squeezed her hand and she looked over at me and smiled.

"Yes hubby?" She asked. My smiled widened.

"Are you having a good time, wifey?" I asked. She nodded.

"Yeah. Shawn today has been absolutely magical and I love it. I love you." She said. I leaned forward and kissed her forehead.

"It really has been magical and I love you too." I said. She squeezed my hand.

"Shawn, we get so spend our whole lives together. Oh my gosh I'm so happy." She said. I chuckled.

"I'm really happy to babe. When I hear the word forever, I think of you." I said. She smiled at me. We soon heard the music stop and I looked over to see my best friend and best man, Brian Craigen, was holding a microphone.

"Hi guys, I'm Shawn's best friend and best man, Brian Craigen, and it's time for the best man speech." He said. There was some applause. I turned to Y/n.

"I'm afraid of what he's going to say." I said, half-joking, and Y/n laughed and nodded. I then looked back at Brian. He had taken out some paper that he was now reading from. I held my new wife's hand in my lap and rubbed it with my thumb.

"So, Shawn and I grew up together back home in Pickering, Canada. He's always been my best friend. I still remember the day that Shawn and Y/n met. He texted me and told me that he had just met the most beautiful girl in the world and that he was pretty sure that she was the one. Obviously she was -" Brian started.

"Is! She still is!" I yelled. Brian looked over at me and laughed.

"Shawn's saying she still is. I remember that after Shawn left Boston, where he had met Y/n, he seemed down, and he was constantly on his phone every chance he had. Whenever I asked him who he was talking to, the answer was always the same: Y/n. One day he called me and told me that tour was over and he was going to fly to Boston, go to her house and ask her to be his girlfriend, and obviously as you guys know, she said yes, causing him to be very happy. I remember when I first met Y/n. She seemed shy and nervous, but once Shawn was nearby, she would smile and talk, usually just to him, but still, he got her to talk in front of us. Soon, Shawn's friends and I became closer to her and she became our little sister. It was like an unspoken rule: if we're at a bar with Y/n and Shawn, and Shawn went to the bathroom or something, it was our job to protect Y/n and make sure that no creeps go near her. One time when I guy tried, my friend Jon and I became like bouncers and turned him away. Y/n and Shawn got engaged at a lake house, and soon after they got back, they had a party for some of their friends so they could celebrate their engagement. At one point, I was sitting on the couch talking to Shawn, but he was just staring at Y/n. The way that he looks at her, with so much love in his eyes, is truly beautiful and also disgustingly cute. At that same party, I asked Shawn how much he loved/loves Y/n, and without him knowing it, I pulled out my phone to record his response. This is what he said: 'It's kind of hard to put into words, but I would do anything for her. I would go into battle for her. I would read ten thousand books for her, and you know how much I don't like to read. I'm seriously pretty sure that she put the stars in the sky, and she's the reason why things work properly and why the sun rises and falls. I love her more than words will ever be able to describe and there's nothing that I want more in life that her. She's the one, and somehow she's all mine.' and then Shawn got up and hugged Y/n. I went over and thanked Y/n for making my guy so happy. She said that he makes her happier than she's ever been in her while entire life. Shawn and Y/n, I wish you an infinite amount of years together full of love and happiness. Congratulations, and I love you guys." Brian said. People clapped and Y/n and I hugged him and thanked him. I'm so lucky to have such great people surrounding me.