176. Miscarriage

About a month ago, my husband Shawn Mendes and I found out that we had become pregnant with our first baby, causing us to be over the moon with joy. I'm now two months pregnant but we haven't told anyone that we're pregnant. The first three months of a pregnancy are when the mother is at the highest risk of a miscarriage. I rubbed my belly as my husband walked into the living room.

"Hey darling." He said as he sat on the couch next to me.

"Hi honey." I said. He wrapped his arm around me and I leaned on him.

"How are you and our baby doing?" Shawn asked. I smiled.

"Good." I said. Shawn kissed my cheek.

"Good. There's an awards show that Andrew wants me to go to, and then he wants me to be on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon next week." Shawn said. I nodded.

"Okay. Do I get to come with you?" I asked. Shawn thought for a moment before shaking his head.

"No honey. You're still having some morning sickness and you're still not feeling all that great. Why don't you stay home and you can watch the red carpet on tv?" Shawn said and asked. I nodded.

"Okay. I'm going to miss you." I said. Shawn kissed the side of my head.

"I'm going to miss you too honey." Shawn said. The following week, I watched him get interviewed on the red carpet and smiled. He was talking with Ryan Seacrest and Julia Hoffman from E! News.

"Julia Hoffman and Ryan Seacrest here with the one and only Shawn Mendes. Shawn, how are you doing man?" Ryan asked. Shawn smiled.

"I'm doing good, how are you?" Shawn asked.

"We're good. So, you got married a little over a year ago, where's your wonderful wife?" Ryan asked.

"Oh she's been feeling a bit sick so I told her to stay home and rest but I know that she's watching this." Shawn said. He looked so handsome, so dapper, in his dark blue suit.

"See, now I have a theory for why your wife isn't here." Julia said.

"I just told you why she isn't here." Shawn said with a laugh.

"Yes, but I remember that in an interview and in a live stream, you have said that you and Y/n want to be married for a year before you guys start trying to have a baby, so my theory is that she's actually at home, pregnant and with morning sickness." Julia said. Oh God. Shawn laughed and then began looking around.

"Oh what's that over there? That looks interesting over there." Shawn asked and said.

"Don't stray from the subject Mendes!" Julia said. Shawn laughed.

"Listen, when my wife and I were first talking about our future together, we talked about the fact that the first three months in a pregnancy are when the mother is at the highest risk for a miscarriage so that's why people wait for the first three months to pass before they tell anyone that they're pregnant. I'll leave it at that." Shawn said.

"So are you kind of saying that your wife's pregnant?" Ryan asked.

"I'm not saying anything." Shawn said. I breathed a sigh of relief when the interview ended. I then pulled out my phone and texted him.

Me: First of all, GREAT JOB WITH THAT INTERVIEW!!! Also, you look so good baaabe. I love you, my handsome hubby!

My Hubby: Haha thank you darling. I know that I can't see you, but I'll bet anything that you're sitting on the couch wearing one of my t-shirts which is like a dress on you and shorts, with no makeup, and you look beautiful. I love you too my gorgeous girl.