182. Virtual Reality

I'm on tour with my fiancé, the singer and songwriter Shawn Mendes. He had a day off, so we decided to have some fun. He interlaced his fingers with mine, and as our skin touched, I felt electricity spark through me yet I felt safe and warm at the same time.

"Are you ready for the arcade baby girl?" Shawn asked. I nodded and smiled.

"Yeah. Are you?" I asked. Shawn pulled me closer to him and wrapped his arm around my shoulder as I wrapped one of my arms around his torso.

"Yup. I think that they have those virtual reality games here. Do you want to do that?" Shawn asked.

"Oh my gosh yes!" I said and Shawn kissed the side of my head.

"You're too cute my love." Shawn said and I blushed. His security guard, Jake, and his manager, Andrew, were trailing behind us. Shawn and I got to the virtual reality game and put on our goggles.

"Oh my gosh this is trippy." I said, causing Shawn to chuckle which caused my heart to flutter.

"It is. Woah, this is so cool babe." Shawn said. I looked around my virtual reality game. I was in some type of place that had sandboxes and things that you could toss. It was odd. I looked around but I couldn't see any other character.

"Shawn where are you? I don't see any other character." I asked and said.

"We're playing different games babe." He said.

"Oh." I said. I paused my game and took off my headset. I put my finger to my lips and Andrew and Jake nodded. I looked at Shawn and smiled. He seemed to really be enjoying this. "You having fun babe?"

"Yeah. Are you?" He asked.

"Yeah. As long as I'm with you I'm having fun." I said and his smile widened.

"Awww babe." He said.

"Well it's true!" I said with a giggle. I continued to watch him.

"Are you okay darling? You're quiet." He asked and said.

"Yeah I'm fine." I said, and it was the truth. Shawn paused his game and took off his headset. When he looked at me, he looked confused.

"Why aren't you wearing your headset?" He asked.

"I took it off a few minutes ago." I said.

"Why?" He asked. I sighed and shrugged.

"I don't know. It's a silly, stupid reason." I said. Shawn put his hand to my cheek and shook his head.

"Nothing you ever say is silly or stupid. What is it?" He asked. I looked at Jake and Andrew.

"Could you guys give us a couple of minutes please?" I asked.

"Sure." They said, and I waited until they were out of the room before I spoke.

"You're going to think that it's silly and stupid and you're going to laugh." I said. Shawn shook his head.

"No, what is it darling?" He asked. I looked into his caramel eyes, which, right now, looked slightly concerned.

"I don't want to be in a world, game or real life, where I can't be with you. I'm sorry that that's such a stupid reason for not playing a game but -" I started but Shawn cut me off with a kiss. I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my tummy, and I felt sparks shoot through me like fireworks on the Fourth of July. We pulled away and Shawn held my face in his big hands.

"That's the cutest thing ever. I love you so much honey." Shawn said. I smiled at him.

"I love you so much too. Do they have games here that we can play together? OH! Do they have those games where we can race each other?" I asked. Shawn chuckled and looked around before nodding.

"Yeah. Let me just go get Jake and Andrew." Shawn said and I nodded. I headed over to where the motorcycles were and got on so Shawn and I could play. Shawn came back in, smiling at me, with Jake and Andrew behind him.

"Ready to race babe?" I asked. Shawn nodded and got on his own bike.

"Yup." He said.

"Okay, don't, like, let me win. If I'm going to win, I want to earn it." I said. Shawn laughed.

"Whatever you say darling. This is your world, I'm just living in it." Shawn said and I smiled.

"Are we able to race so it's just the two of us or are there going to be other players?" I asked.

"I think that there's going to be other players. We could always go home and race around our neighborhood." Shawn said. I looked over at him and saw that he was smirking.

"No! That's so dangerous! Are you insane?" I asked. Shawn chuckled as we raced in the game.

"Yeah, insanely in love with you." He said and I blushed.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too darling." Shawn said. After having a lot of fun at the arcade, Shawn and I went back to the hotel and relaxed. I'm glad that I get to live in a world where I get to be with Shawn.