147. First Time After Birth*

A/n: Smuttiness is ahead so get the holy water out! Also, explicit language in this one. Anyways, without further ado, let's begin!

I woke up to the sound of mine and my husband, Shawn Mendes's four month old daughter crying. I went to get out of bed but I felt Shawn gently pull me back down.

"You stay in bed my love. I got her." Shawn said.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yup. It's two in the morning and you already carried her for nine months. Rest." Shawn said, and I nodded even though he couldn't see me.

"Okay, but please come get me if she needs to be fed." I said. Shawn and I decided to breastfeed our daughter, Rose Lucille Mendes. In one of the psychology classes that I took in college, I learned about how much more beneficial breastfeeding is compared to formula (A/n: It really is so much better! Also, it's free! You have to pay for formula, but breastfeeding is free. If, for some reason, anyone has any questions on what the benefits of breastfeeding vs formula are, message me and I'll let you know!) and so Shawn and I decided to breastfeed our beautiful daughter.

"Okay honey." Shawn said and then got out of bed. I fell back asleep but it was only for a little bit. I soon woke up to the feeling of Shawn lightly shaking me.

"Huh?" I asked.

"I think that she needs to be fed. Sorry to wake you darling." Shawn said. I sat up and turned on the light that's next to my side of the bed.

"It's okay. I don't mind." I said and lifted up my shirt and bra. Shawn sat down on his side of the bed and when I was ready, I took Rose from his arms and began to breastfeed her.

"Does it hurt when you feed her?" Shawn, my ever so curious husband, asked.

"It hurt a little when I first started, but now it's better. Why don't you lay back down babe?" I asked. Shawn shook his head.

"No, I want to stay up with my girls. Plus, I know that this can take a bit." Shawn said and I nodded. It's true. It can take about twenty, or more, minutes to breastfeed.

"Okay. I love you Shawn." I said as I looked over at him. He gave me a tired smile.

"I love you too Y/n. You know honey, I miss you." He said. I gave him a confused look.

"What are you talking about? I'm right here honey. We haven't left each other's sides." I said. He chuckled.

"Darling, I figured it out in my head. It's been thirteen months since we've made love. I miss your body honey." Shawn said and I blushed.

"I miss your body too but we can't do it with a four month old in the house." I said with a giggle and Shawn chuckled.

"I know. Maybe we could have her spend a night or two at your mom's?" Shawn asked. I yawned and nodded.

"Okay. I'll ask my mom if she can take her but obviously I can't call right now. I'll call later." I said and Shawn nodded as he yawned too.

"Okay. I wish that I could breastfeed for you so you could get some rest." Shawn said and I laughed a little. Once I was done feeding Rose, Shawn put her back in her crib and then came back to bed. Later that day, I called my mom.

"Hi honey, how are you?" She asked.

"Good. How are you?" I asked.

"Good. How's my son in law and granddaughter?" She asked.

"They're wonderful. Shawn is downstairs playing with Rose right now. Um, I have a favor to ask." I said.

"Sure, what is it?" She asked.