161. He Drops Everything For You

A/n: MENTION OF RAPE. Explicit language in this one! Anyways, please enjoy this imagine. Okay, without further ado, let's begin!

My boyfriend of three years is the singer and songwriter Shawn Mendes. He just finished the first leg of his world tour, and before he flew home to me, he was going to spend a few days in Toronto with his family for Easter to spend time with them. I sat on the couch in the living room of the house that I share with Shawn as I read a book. I then read a scene that was quick but I realized that one of the main characters had been raped. I shut the book and got a sick feeling in my stomach. I know someone who was raped. I pulled out my phone and texted Shawn.

Me: Hi. Please call or text me when you see this.

I sat there, holding back tears, but finally let them out. Five minutes went by without a response from Shawn. He usually texts back pretty quickly.

Me: Hi, I'm really sorry to bother you but I need to talk about something.

After another five minutes went by, I sent another one. I was still crying. I now was also crying because I felt bad for disturbing him while he was with his family.

Me: I'm sorry that I texted you while you're with your family. That was stupid of me. I'm sorry that I'm such a fuck up. Just please text or call me when you get a chance if you want to, you don't have to.

I didn't want to write that it wasn't anything bad, because I was still crying as I felt sick to my stomach. I wanted him to hold me and tell me that everything's okay. I wanted him to wipe my tears away. But he was almost six hundred miles away from me, so that wasn't going to happen.

Shawn's point of view

"Shawn your phone just lit up." Aaliyah, my little sister said as I talked to one of our cousins. I looked at it and saw that I had three texts from my girlfriend, Y/n. I looked at my cousin after I read them.

"Excuse me for a second please." I said and she nodded.

"Sure." She said. I stepped outside of my parent's house and called Y/n.

"Hi." She said, and I could tell that she was crying.

"What's wrong with my baby girl?" I asked, feeling worried.

"I'm sorry Shawn, I shouldn't have texted you, I don't want you worrying about me. Gosh I'm such a fuck up." She said and my heart broke.

"Baby, stop, you're not a fuck up." I said.

"You're supposed to be spending time with your family right now, not worrying about me." She said.

"Let's Facetime." I said.

"No!" She protested.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because I'm crying and I don't want you to see me like this." She said.

"Honey, let me Facetime you please." I said. She sighed.

"Okay." She said.

"Okay, thank you baby. I'll hang up and then Facetime you." I said, and that's exactly what we did. My heart broke when I saw her crying.

"Hi." She said.

"My poor baby. What happened?" I asked.

"Well, you know how I went to the bookstore yesterday?" She asked. I nodded.

"Yeah." I said.

"Well I was just reading one of the books and then one of the main characters got raped and now I feel physically sick." She said.