130. You Can't Sleep

A/n: Okay so I know that not everyone has insomnia and that not everyone takes medicine to help them fall asleep, but I thought that it would be nice for the story. Anyways, please enjoy this imagine. Okay, without further ado, let's begin!

I've been dating the singer and songwriter Shawn Mendes for three months now. I've known from the moment that I laid eyes on him that he's the one for me, the one that I want to spend the rest of my life with. I have yet to tell him that though. Yes, we do say I love you to each other, but we haven't really talked about our future.

I'm on spring break for a week, so Shawn flew me up to Canada to meet his family and friends. I had been there for a few days and was having a lot of fun. What I have loved the most is all of the time that I've been able to spend with Shawn. We honestly haven't really left each other's sides. Last night, just like we've been doing whenever we fall asleep together, Shawn held me when we went to bed. What Shawn doesn't know is that I suffer from insomnia, and sometimes I only get about four hours of sleep.

I laid in bed with Shawn, unable to fall asleep. I felt restless and I wanted to get up. I gently moved out of Shawn's grip and checked the time on my phone. It was three o'clock in the morning, and I hadn't slept at all. I sighed, grabbed my phone, the book that I had next to the bed, and got up. I went down the hall and into Shawn's living room, sat down on the couch, and opened up my book. When it was around six in the morning, I went out to Shawn's balcony and sat out there and read. I soon heard the door open and turned around to see Shawn smiling at me.

"Good morning darling. How did you sleep?" He said and asked as he pulled a chair closer to me so he could sit next to me. I put the bookmark in the book and turned to him.

"Good morning honey. Um, yeah, about my sleep... there's something that I've never told you." I said as I looked out at the view. Suddenly Shawn turned my body so I was facing him.

"What is it darling?" He asked.

"I have insomnia. That's why I take medicine at night. The medicine is supposed to help me sleep, but sometimes it doesn't really work." I said. Shawn nodded and I felt bad when I saw the concern in his eyes.

"So how much sleep did you get last night?" Shawn asked.

"Um, I actually didn't get any sleep at all." I said. His eyes widened.

"Not a single wink of sleep?" He asked. I shook my head.

"No." I said.

"Oh baby. Why didn't you wake me up?" He asked.

"I didn't want to bother you or anything. I didn't want you to be upset with me or anything." I said. Shawn's jaw dropped and he sat back in the chair as he patted his lap.

"Come here darling. Come sit on my lap." He said. I did as told and he immediately wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped my arms around his shoulders.

"I'm sorry that I didn't tell you." I said.

"It's okay baby. Y/n, my love, you never bother me, and I could never be upset with you or anything. Are you tired right now?" He asked. I shrugged.

"Kind of but not really. I just want to spend time with you." I said. Shawn smiled and kissed my cheek.

"Well darling, we can spend time together in my bed while we sleep." Shawn said. I thought for a moment before nodding.

"Okay." I said. Shawn smiled and we went into his bedroom and laid down. He let me cuddle up to him and I felt safe in his arms.

"When you can't sleep, what usually helps you to fall asleep?" Shawn asked. I thought for a moment.