39. You Buy Him A Guitar

I've been dating the singer and songwriter Shawn Mendes for about six months now. Just yesterday he met my whole family, and they all loved him, just like I do. He was in town visiting me and we cuddled up on the couch when an idea popped into my head. I looked up at him since my head was on his chest. He looked at me and smiled.

"What's up beautiful?" He asked. I blushed.

"I want to take you somewhere." I said. He nodded.

"Okay. Where do you want to take me?" He asked. I got up, grabbed my wallet, and got my shoes on. I smirked at him.

"You'll see." I said. He groaned, causing me to laugh. We then headed out and I gave him directions. Soon, we had pulled up to a local music store in my town, and went inside. His eyes widened when he saw all of the guitars on the wall.

"Woah." He said. I smiled.

"You like it?" I asked as I interlaced my fingers with his. I felt electricity spark through me yet I felt safe and warm at the same time. He nodded.

"Yeah. I think I'm going to go look at all of them." He said. I nodded.

"Okay." I said, and I looked at them with him.

"Which one do you like the most babe?" Shawn asked. I looked at all of them before pointing at a blue acoustic guitar.

"That one." I said. He nodded.

"Yeah I like that one too." He said.

"I'll be right back." I said. He nodded and went back to looking at the guitars. I went up to the cash register and where an employee was.

"Hi, can I help you?" He asked.

"The blue acoustic guitar, how much is it?" I asked. He did a quick price check on his computer.

"Well our guitars are all high quality but that one is on sale so it's pretty cheap compared to most guitars. It's two hundred dollars." He said. I nodded and chewed at my bottom lip for a moment. I had money in the bank, and I could afford it.

"I'll take it." I said. The guy smiled and nodded, and I handed him my credit card. I walked back over to Shawn.

"Everything okay darling?" He asked as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders. I nodded and wrapped my arm waist.

"Yeah." I said. The guy then came over and took the guitar down.

"Oh, did someone buy that one?" Shawn asked. The guy nodded.

"Yeah. Here you go ma'am." The guy said and handed me the guitar. I smiled.

"Thank you." I said. The guy nodded and walked away. Shawn looked at me with wide eyes.

"Do you want to learn how to play guitar? Because if that's the case, I can just teach you on one of my guitars." Shawn asked and said. I giggled and shook my head.

"Nope. I bought this for you." I said. His jaw dropped.

"Honey, no, you're a college student, I don't want you spending money on me." Shawn said. I kissed his cheek.

"Well too bad babe because I already bought it for you. Come on, let's go back to my house, or do you want to look at other stuff?" I asked. He shook his head.

"No, let's go back to your house." He said. I gave him the guitar and he put it in the backseat. When we buckled up, Shawn was quiet.

"What's wrong handsome?" I asked as Shawn pulled away from the store. He shook his head.

"It's nothing babe." He said.

"Baby you know that you can tell me anything, right?" I asked. He nodded and sighed.

"Yeah, I just feel bad that you spent that money on me." He said. I held his hand in my lap.

"Don't Shawn. I know that it's not just going to sit around and collect dust. I know that you're going to use it. It's fine baby. I wanted to do this. You spoil me all the time, let me spoil occasionally." I said. Shawn nodded and squeezed my hand a little.

"Okay. Thank you so much for it baby. It's my new favorite guitar." Shawn said with a smile, and I smiled too.

"Really?" I asked. Shawn chuckled.

"Yup. And that's all because you got it for me. I love you honey." Shawn said before bringing my hand up to his lips so he could place a little kiss there.

"I love you too. I'm glad that you like it. Would you, um, would you mind playing it for me when we get back to my house?" I asked. His smile widened and he nodded.

"Of course darling. I'll probably have to tune it first though." He said. I nodded.

"Okay." I said, and we soon arrived at my home. We went inside and went in my bedroom and sat on my bed. I watched him, in awe, as he tuned the guitar and then started playing I'm Yours by Jason Mraz. I smiled at him the whole time as he sang it to me. When he was done, I leaned forward and placed a kiss on his lips. I felt my heart race as if I had just ran a marathon, I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my tummy, and I felt sparks shoot through my body like fireworks. We soon pulled away and smiled at each other. Somehow, probably from my mother, Shawn found out how much I paid for the guitar and gave me a check which I very begrudgingly took. I'm so glad that Shawn likes the guitar that I bought for him.