163. Passover

A/n: Happy Passover to all who celebrate it! Not too long ago I made an imagine that had to do with Judaism, and someone asked if I would an imagine that was of a Passover dinner, so here it is! Anyways, I hope that you guys enjoy this imagine! Okay, let's begin!

My boyfriend of four months, Shawn Mendes, bounced his leg up and down. Him and I were getting ready to go to my grandparents house for Passover. Shawn isn't Jewish, but he said that because I'm Jewish, and Passover is a holiday that my family celebrates, he wanted to learn more about it. I checked with my grandparents, and they said that it would be lovely to bring him to the seder (A/n: a seder is a Jewish ritual service and ceremonial dinner for the first night or first two nights of Passover.). He hasn't met many of my family members yet. Just my parents and my brother.

"Baby, why are you bouncing your leg?" I asked Shawn. He was sitting on the couch in the living room of my mom's house, the house that I live in.

"I'm nervous." Shawn said.

"Oh honey don't be. Why are you nervous?" I asked.

"Because not only am I intruding on your family's seder but I'm meeting your family for the first time." Shawn said while looking at his lap.

"Babe you're not intruding on anything. My grandparents are excited to meet you and so is the rest of my family." I said. He nodded and then looked at me.

"Who do I have to impress?" Shawn asked. I thought for a moment.

"Uncle Al. He's basically my main man." I said. Shawn nodded.

"Okay. He's the one with the strong handshake, right?" Shawn asked. I nodded. Uncle Al is known for squeezing a bit when he shakes someone's hand, but he doesn't do it on purpose.

"Yeah. We should get going." I said. Shawn nodded.

"Okay." He said. Shawn and I got in the car and I began to drive to my grandparents house. I parked behind my Aunt Bev's car and we got out and went inside.

"Hi Bubie! Hi Zadie!" I said as Shawn and I walked inside (A/n: Bubie is Yiddish for grandmother and Zadie is Yiddish for grandfather). They came over to greet me.

"Hi sweetie. This must be Shawn." Bubie said after she hugged me.

"It is. Shawn, these are my grandparents, Paul and Toby. Bubie, Zadie, this is my boyfriend Shawn Mendes." I said. I then took him around the room and introduced him to everyone.

"Hi dollface." Uncle Al said to me when he gave me a hug. Per usual, he smelled like root beer. He probably had a few root beer flavored cough drops in his pocket.

"Hi Uncle Al. This is my boyfriend Shawn Mendes. Shawn, this is Uncle Al." I said and they shook hands.

"Hi, nice to meet you." Shawn said.

"Nice to meet you too. I've heard a lot about you. We'll talk more after the seder." Uncle Al said. I whispered in Uncle Al's ear.

"Be nice to him. I love him." I said. Uncle Al nodded and whispered to me.

"I know. I'm just going to ask him a few questions." Uncle Al said and I internally groaned. I had already told Shawn that we would be reading from a book, and taking turns by going around the table. If he didn't want to read, then he could just say pass. I smiled when I saw Shawn put on a Kippah, which goes on his head. We began reading, and since I was sitting next to Shawn, I read before he did. Once I was done reading I looked at him, and he read, causing me to smile. Soon, the seder was over and we ate. After we ate, we all hung out in the living room.

"Thank you for coming and reading baby." I said to Shawn as we sat on the couch together.

"You're welcome darling. Thank you for letting me come." He said and I leaned on him.

"Shawn? Can we go in another room and talk please?" Uncle Al asked. Shawn nodded.

"Sure." Shawn said and stood up.

"Be nice." I said to Uncle Al. He winked at me. Oh God, what is he going to do?

Shawn's point of view

I walked down the hall of Y/n's grandparents house with my girlfriend's Uncle Al. When I asked her who I had to impress, she had said her Uncle Al. She had told me a lot of stories about him and I could tell that she's close to him. We went in the back bedroom and sat down on the bed.

"So, I'm going to ask you something, and I need you to answer me honestly." Uncle Al said. I nodded.

"Okay." I said.

"Are you just trying to get my niece's pants?" He asked. My eyes widened as I shook my head.

"No, no, no. I love your niece. She's... she amazes me. Not only is she the most beautiful girl that I've ever seen, but she's so smart. I love it when I'm talking to her about something that she loves because I love watching her eyes light up and she gets so happy and excited. I love and adore her, and my parents and sister love her too. She's amazing. I know that she wants to wait for marriage before sex, and I'm totally okay with that. Honestly, I would wait a lifetime for her. She means everything to me." I said as I smiled. Y/n's uncle seemed pleased with this because he smiled and nodded.

"Good. I like you. Let's not change that, okay?" He asked.

"Okay. She's told me about you and I can tell that she loves and adores you." I said. He nodded.

"Well I love and adore her too. Listen Shawn, I know people. If you ever hurt my niece," He said as he lifted up his phone and pointed at it. "One phone call. I know people." He said. I gulped and nodded.

"I won't hurt her, I promise." I said. He nodded.

"Good." He said. We then left the room and I sat back down next to Y/n.

"Was he nice to you?" She asked. I nodded and kissed her temple as she leaned on me.

"Yeah. Where's your grandmother? I want to thank her for letting me come." I asked and said. Y/n smiled and I could have sworn that I felt butterflies in my tummy when I saw her smile. Y/n pointed at her grandmother.

"Over there." She said and I nodded. I went up to her.

"Hi Mrs. Y/l/n -" I started.

"Please, call me Toby." She said. I smiled.

"Well Toby, I just wanted to thank you for letting me come tonight. I'm not Jewish, but since I love your granddaughter I wanted to learn more about Passover. I really liked helping to find the afikomen." I said. Toby smiled.

"Well we've enjoyed having you here and we're glad that you came. Did you have a good time?" She said and asked. I nodded.

"Yes, I did." I said. We talked for a little bit longer and then I felt arms wrap around my waist. I looked at it was Y/n. I wrapped my arms around her shoulders.

"Hi. I missed you so I wanted to come over here. Y/n, don't you just love him?" Y/n asked and I blushed and chuckled. Toby nodded.

"Yup, I do. He seems like a wonderful man." Toby said. I smiled.

"Thank you." I said.

"You're welcome." She said. Soon, Y/n and I left and went back to her house. I had a lot of fun with Y/n's family for Passover, and I love Y/n so much.