14. Your Daughter's Favorite Toy

I sat on the floor with my two years old daughter, Rose Lucille Mendes. Her father, my husband, the singer and songwriter Shawn Mendes, is currently at a meeting. I watched as Rose played with her favorite toy: a rubber duck that, when you squeeze it, it squeaks. Rose then stood up and threw it across the room.

"Rose! You do not throw things!" I said.

"Sorry Mommy. I was trying to get it to squeak again." She said. I smiled.

"Well, go get it. You have to put pressure on it to make it squeak." I said. Rose nodded, grabbed the toy, and then started squeezing it again. Soon, the door swung open and the most handsome man in the world, my husband, walked in.

"Daddy!" Rose yelled. Shawn smiled at her and came into the room and scooped her into his arms. I stood up.

"Hi sweet pea. Were you good for your beautiful Mommy today?" Shawn asked, and I blushed. Rose nodded.

"Yup. I was." She said.

"That's not entirely true." I said. Shawn looked at me as he held Rose on his hip.

"Why? What did she do?" He asked. I looked at Rose.

"Would you like to tell Daddy what you did with your rubber duck?" I asked. She shook her head.

"Rose, if you don't tell me then I'm going to have to tickle it out of you." Shawn said. Rose shook her head violently.

"Fine, I'll tell you. I threw it." She said. Shawn's eyes widened and then he looked at me.

"Did it hit you or anything?" He asked. I shook my head.

"No. But I told her that we're not allowed to throw things. She said that she was trying to get it to squeak." I said. Shawn nodded.

"But other than that she was good for you?" Shawn asked. I smiled and nodded, and Shawn nodded too.

"Daddy, down please." Rose said, so Shawn set her down. She then picked up the toy, crawled onto the couch, and started to bounce on it, making it squeak. Shawn and I started to laugh as he put his arm around my shoulder and I wrapped my arm around his waist.

"What are you doing silly girl?" Shawn asked his daughter who is so beyond precious to him.

"Mommy said that if you put pressure on it, it squeaks, so I'm sitting on it." She said. Shawn and I laughed some more. Shawn then played with her for a little bit before we put her to bed. Shawn and I then went into our own bedroom and got changed into our pajamas.

"I missed you today, handsome." I said as I sat on the bed and leaned against the headboard and waited for my husband. He turned to me and smiled.

"I missed you too gorgeous. You know, I never got a kiss." Shawn said with a smirk as he walked over to me. I giggled as he crawled over to me so he was practically hovering over me, with one arm on each side of me.

"Well, maybe I could give you one." I said with a smirk.

"Well maybe we could change that definitely and maybe I could get more than one?" Shawn asked. I giggled and nodded. Shawn then put his lips on mine. I felt our lips move in sync as I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my tummy, I felt sparks shoot through me like fireworks, and I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon. Shawn then started to kiss my neck.

"Shawn, Rose is just down the hall." I said. Shawn quietly groaned.

"But baby I've missed your body so much. I want you and to be honest with you, I've been craving you all day." Shawn said. I blushed but shook my head.

"I'll ask my mom if she can take Rose this weekend, and then we can do stuff, okay?" I asked. Shawn sighed and nodded. I suddenly felt bad for not giving him what he wanted. Shawn then got off the bed so he could get under the covers. He opened his arms up for me to come into and I gladly put my head on his chest as he wrapped his arm around me.

"Good night Mrs. Mendes. I love you." Shawn said. I smiled a little.

"Good night Mr. Mendes. I love you too, and I'm sorry." I said. Shawn then reached over and turned on the light. He had a look of confusion on his face.

"Why are you sorry darling?" Shawn asked.

"Because you wanted sex and I wouldn't give it to you." I said. Shawn put his hand to my cheek and rubbed it with his thumb.

"Oh honey, that's okay. We'll just do stuff this weekend when Rose isn't here. But you're one hundred percent right, we shouldn't be having sex while a two year old is in the house - especially considering the fact that I know that you won't be able to stay quiet." Shawn said the last part with a smirk. I lightly smacked his chest, causing him to smirk.

"Oh hush. You're the same way, you can't stay quiet either." I said and Shawn blushed and nodded.

"That's true. Well, you look tired, let's get some rest honey. I'm off tomorrow so we can spend time with our little girl then." Shawn said. I nodded and he turned off the light.

"Okay." I said, and closed my eyes. Shawn fell asleep pretty quickly, and for some reason, even though I was tired, I couldn't fall asleep. I laid there for a couple of hours before I began to hear Shawn talk in his sleep. It was pretty adorable.

"Rose, squeak. Squeak, Rose." Shawn said. I almost couldn't control my laughter. I practically ran to the bathroom and shut the door. That was when I let myself laugh hysterically. I was laughing so hard that tears were coming down my face. I then heard a knock at the door, and I opened it as I laughed. Shawn gave me a funny look. "Why are you laughing?"

"You... Rose... squeak." I said, barely able to get the words out due to my laughter. Shawn smiled.

"What about Rose and I and a squeak?" He asked. I laughed as told him what happened, and then he started laughing. "Well she plays with it so much!"

"I know. Oh my gosh that was hilarious." I said as I wiped tears away. Shawn kissed my cheek and we then got back into bed and fell asleep. The next day, I called my mother-in-law, Karen Mendes.

"Hello there dear, how are you?" She asked.

"I'm good, how are you?" I asked as I watched Shawn play on the floor with Rose in the living room.

"I'm good. Is everything okay?" She asked. I nodded even though she couldn't see me.

"Yeah, I just wanted to tell you about a hilarious thing that your son did, if that's okay?" I asked.

"Of course! What did that silly boy do?" She asked and then laughed when I told her what happened.

"She just plays with it so much that we're constantly hearing the squeak. I literally had to run to the bathroom because I was laughing so hard and I didn't want to wake Shawn up." I said. Karen laughed.

"Oh that's too funny. I have to go, but give everyone my love please." She said.

"I will, and we love you too." I said. We soon said goodbye and hung up. I sat down on the floor and played with my loves. It was a good day, and that weekend Rose went my mom's house, and Shawn and I had a nice time. I love Shawn and Rose so much.