49. Tonight Show Surprise

I called my boyfriend of three and a half years, Shawn Mendes. I'm a famous singer, and I'm about to go on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. Shawn answered pretty quickly.

"Hey baby girl." Shawn said. I smiled.

"Hi honey. I just wanted to let you know that I'm about to go on." I said.

"Okay honey. I'll talk to you afterwards, okay?" He asked. I nodded even though he couldn't see me.

"Okay. I love and miss you." I said.

"I love and miss you too darling." He said, and then we hung up. Jimmy then introduced me and I walked out and sat down.

"Hey Y/n, how are you?" He asked. I smiled.

"I'm good, how are you?" I asked.

"I'm good. So, before we get to your music, how long have you been dating the singer Shawn Mendes now?" Jimmy asked. My smile widened.

"Three and a half wonderful years." I said.

"How did you guys meet?" Jimmy asked.

"So, we were at an awards show and my manager was like 'There's someone that wants to meet you.' so I walk over and it's Shawn Mendes and I'm like 'holy... crap.'" I said.

"Did you actually say crap?" Jimmy asked with a laugh. I shook my head and laughed.

"No, I said another word. But you have to understand that I had been a fan of his for years and I had had this major crush on him for so long, so when I met him, oh my gosh, I was fangirling so hard but I held it in." I said.

"So what did you say to him?" Jimmy asked.

"I asked him for a hug, and he said yes and he said that he had a major crush on me and he was like 'I know that we just met, but I would love to trade numbers with you and take you out on a date sometime.' and I was like 'Yeah! I would love that!' and the rest is history." I said, causing the crowd to cheer.

"So you're telling me that he asked you out right when he met you?" Jimmy asked. I laughed and nodded.

"Yeah. But I'm glad he did because I'm so beyond happy with him." I said with a smile.

"So how long has it been since you've seen him?" Jimmy asked. I thought for a moment.

"About a month. Which sucks because obviously I love him and I want to be with him, but we're both doing our own things right now." I said, the smile no longer on my face.

"How much longer until you get to see him again?" Jimmy asked.

"I have to wait another month before I can see my amazing boyfriend again." I said.

"Well if you look over there, you might see something that you like." Jimmy said as he pointed at something I looked and there was Shawn. He was wearing a red shirt and black pants and he had pink tulips in his hands. He smiled at me as he walked over to me and I stood up.

"Oh my gosh, hi." I said as I hugged him.

"Hi honey. Surprise!" He said, and I giggled. He swayed us a little and then kissed my cheek before pulling away from the hug.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Well I know that we've missed each other, so I wanted to surprise you. Oh, these are for you." Shawn said as he handed me the flowers. I smiled.

"Thank you so much. Oh my gosh." I said. Shawn and Jimmy bro hugged and then we all sat back down.

"So Y/n, how does it feel to be with Shawn again?" Jimmy asked. Shawn then reached his hand out for mine and we interlaced our fingers. I smiled at the feeling of safety and warmth that his touch gave me.