149. He Comes Home From Tour

I sat in the living room with mine and my husband's three kids. Shawn Mendes, the singer and songwriter, is the father to our three kids: Rose Lucille Mendes, our seven year old daughter, Jacob Alexander Scott Mendes, our five year old son who goes by the nickname "Jake" and Sarah Grace Mendes, our three year old daughter.

"Mommy, when is Daddy going to come home?" Rose asked as she jumped up and down. Shawn comes home after finishing the first world tour that he's done in about eight years today.

"He'll be home soon, I promise." I said. She wasn't the only one that was dying to see Shawn. I've missed my husband so much and I can't wait to hug him and kiss him and run my fingers through his hair, but I know that when he walks in, I should let the kids go to him first and wait my turn.

"What are we going to do when Daddy gets home?" Jake asked.

"Well, you guys are going to run up to him and give him hugs and kisses and lots of love, and then if Daddy's not too tired, maybe he can play with you guys." I said. The kids nodded and then began jumping up and down even more when they heard and saw the door open. Shawn walked in and smiled at us. He dropped his luggage, squatted down, and opened up his arms.

"DADDY!" The kids yelled as they ran to their father. I smiled and looked on with pride. I took out my phone and snapped a picture or two.

"How are you guys?" Shawn asked as he looked at his kids.

"Good. Mommy said that when you get home, to give you hugs and kisses and lots of love and if you're not too tired maybe you can play with us." Jake said. Shawn smiled at me and I felt butterflies in my tummy at the mere sight of his smile.

"Is that right?" Shawn asked. I nodded and Shawn stood up at the same time that I stood up.

"Yup." I said. He opened his arms up for me to come into.

"Come here Mrs. Mendes." Shawn said as I walked over to my loving and amazing husband and smiled. I wrapped my arms around his torso and he wrapped his arms around his shoulders. He kissed the top of my head.

"You're home." I said. He rubbed my back a little.

"I am. And so are you, because I know that you say that my arms are your home." He said. I nodded as my head rested against his chest and I closed my eyes for a moment. I then looked up at him.

"Are you tired or hungry or anything? Do you want to sleep? How was your flight?" I asked. Shawn chuckled at all of my questions.

"My flight was good. I'm not hungry right now. I think that I'll play with the kids." Shawn said. I nodded and took a step back. Rose had already gotten something and she handed it to him.

"Daddy, will you do a puzzle with me please?" She asked.

"Do your siblings want to do a puzzle too?" He asked.

"I'll do anything with you Daddy." Sarah said. Shawn smiled and picked her up.

"I'll do anything with you too Sarah. I missed you guys so much. I thought about you guys constantly. Jakey boy, do you want to do a puzzle with your sisters, your mother and I?" Shawn asked. Jake nodded. Shawn put Sarah down.

"Yeah!" Jake said and Shawn laughed.

"Babe, I've been playing with the kids. You just got home and you haven't seen them in a while. I'll just watch." I said. Shawn tilted his head.

"I wouldn't mind if you joined us though." Shawn said.

"I know, but I just want to watch. I love watching you spend time with our kids." I said with a smile. Shawn nodded and kissed my forehead. He let his lips lingers, it's one of his ways of saying I love you.