62. "Why...?"

A/n: So I don't know if you guys remember, but last year Shawn had that Rolling Stones interview and it was mentioned that he took the bartender back to his hotel and he followed her on Instagram. They have since unfollowed each other. I WILL NOT BE PUTTING HER INSTAGRAM OR TELLING ANYONE HER NAME, so I'm just going to refer to her as the bartender. So, I decided to make a little drama filled imagine, and here ya go. Anyways, please enjoy this imagine. Okay, let's begin!
DO NOT ASK WHAT HER NAME OR INSTAGRAM USERNAME IS. SHE HAS SAID THAT WHAT WAS SAID IN THE INTERVIEW ABOUT HER WAS NOT TRUE AND THAT SHE WAS GETTING A LOT OF HATE. SHE HAS ASKED FOR PRIVACY. IF YOU ASK WHAT HER NAME OR INSTAGRAM USERNAME IS I WILL NOT TELL YOU.

My boyfriend of three years is the singer and songwriter Shawn Mendes and he's currently home from tour for a little bit. We were walking around the city holding hands when some fans came up to us and asked for some pictures. We gladly took them. One of the girls then tapped me on the shoulder and whispered in my ear.

"Y/n do you remember the Rolling Stones interview last year when they mentioned him following a random female bartender on Instagram?" She asked. I nodded.

"Yes." I said.

"Shawn still follows her and I don't know, I trust Shawn, and I don't mean to cause any friction between you two but I just think that it's a little weird that he follows her." She said. A knot formed in my stomach.

"It's okay. Thank you for telling me though." I said. She nodded and Shawn and I walked away.

"What was that about?" Shawn asked.

"We'll talk about it when we get home." I said. Shawn gave me a funny look and we headed to the car. I had literally watched him unfollow that bartender, and her Instagram is private. That means that he must have requested to follow her again. Why would he do that. We got in the car and I was silent.

"What's going on babe?" Shawn asked.

"Let's just wait until we get home to talk." I said. Shawn sighed and nodded.

"Okay." He said.

"Thank you." I said, and he nodded again. I didn't even hold his hand like I usually do and the car ride was silent, we didn't even put on the radio. We soon arrived at home and walked in the door and sat on the couch in the living room.

"Now will you tell me what's going on?" He asked. I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Remember that bartender that was mentioned in the Rolling Stones interview and you had followed her on Instagram and you and I got into a fight because you said some crap but then I watched you unfollow her?" I asked. Shawn sighed and nodded.

"Yes." He said.

"That fan that whispered in my ear that you follow her again, and when we were on the way home, I checked, and you really do follow her again. You and I literally almost broke up because of you following her and because you wouldn't tell me if you were talking to this other woman who you barely knew. Why did you follow her again?" I asked. Shawn ran his fingers through his hair and sighed.

"I don't know. She had just seemed like a nice girl when I met her and I wanted to follow her again." Shawn said.

"Okay, but we literally almost broke up because the fight about you following her and not telling me if you were talking to her was so bad. Do you message with her?" I asked. I felt so nervous. Shawn sighed and didn't answer. "Shawn, please answer me. Do you message with some other girl?" I asked. Shawn picked his head up and nodded. He wouldn't even look at me and my heart broke.