74. Letters On Your Wedding Day

I sat in the chair getting my hair and makeup done. Today is the day that I marry the love of my life, Shawn Peter Raul Mendes. I can't wait to walk down the aisle and become Y/n Mendes. As I was sitting there, thinking about the rest of the day, there was a knock on the door.

"I got it." Grace, my best friend and maid of honor said. She opened the door and Andrew Gertler, Shawn's manager, was there.

"I have two deliveries for the about to be Mrs. Mendes." Andrew said. I smiled.

"Come on in." I said. He walked in and handed me a Dunkin Donuts coffee first and I took a sip and smiled. It was a medium iced coffee with French Vanilla swirl - exactly what I had been drinking when I met Shawn.

"He also wanted me to give you this, and I've been ordered by him to stand here and watch your reaction and then tell him your reaction." Andrew said as he handed me an envelope. I laughed and opened it up.

"To my darling Y/n,

We're getting married today! I can't wait to see you baby girl, I know that you're going to look gorgeous in whatever dress you've picked. Hopefully Andrew has given you the coffee - I know that you can't function properly without it, so I went out and got you the exact same thing that you were drinking when we first met. I love you so much my love. I know that these aren't my vows, but I can promise you that I'm going to love you forever. You're my best friend, my rock, my soulmate, my everything. You're the only girl for me, the only one that I want. I can't thank you enough for saying yes when I asked you to marry me. I love you honey, and I'll see you in a little bit.

Love,

Your soon to be husband, Shawn Mendes." He wrote and I quickly realized that I had some tears running down my cheeks. I wiped them away and smiled.

"Do we have a piece of paper and my phone? I want to write something back to him." I asked and said.

"Here you go." Grace said. I quickly found what I was looking for on Pinterest, grabbed a pencil, and began writing.

"To my soon to be husband,

I can't wait to see you! It's going to take everything in me not to run down that aisle to you. Thank you so much for the coffee honey, it's perfect. I found a poem earlier that I feel like is fitting for today, and of course, I found it on Pinterest. Here it is:

You are the one!

But how did I know?

You make me feel wanted

And make my heart glow.

You are the one!

You make me complete.

You're all I've ever wanted;

So loving and sweet.

You are the one!

The other half of the story.

You tell me you love me

And boldly adore me.

You are the one!

My undeniable other.

You are my best friend,

My soulmate, my lover.

You are the one!

You are my life.

You are my only &

Together we're husband and wife!" I wrote. I then wrote that I love him and couldn't wait to see him, and gave the letter back to Andrew. A few minutes later, I got a text from Shawn.

My man: I just read the letter and the poem. Oh my gosh that made me cry babe. I love you so much and I can't wait to see you honey.

Me: Well your letter made me cry! I love you so much too, and I really can't wait to be your wife. I have to finish getting ready, but I'll see you later my love.

My man: Okay baby.

A little bit later it took everything in me not to run down the aisle to him and he cried when he saw me. I smiled and held back tears. We exchanged vows and finally, we became husband and wife. Shawn and I had a private moment before the reception.

"That poem was beautiful honey, but not as beautiful as you." Shawn said, and I blushed.

"Thank you. You look quite handsome." I said and Shawn blushed.

"Babe, we're married now. You're officially Mrs. Mendes." Shawn said with a smiled and I threw my arms around him and hugged him.

"I love you and I can't wait for the rest of our lives together." I said as I hugged him. He kissed my cheek.

"I love you too honey. I think that the DJ is about to announce us. Are you ready Mrs. Mendes?" Shawn asked. I smiled and my heart fluttered at my new name as I nodded.

"Yes." I said. We had an amazing day and night. I'm so happy that Shawn and I exchanged letters before the wedding.