25. You Leave Tour

About two months ago, the singer and songwriter Shawn Mendes, who I had been dating for almost four years, asked me to marry him, and I said yes. The next day he asked me to go on tour with him for the summer before school started again, and I said yes to that too. Shawn was then home from tour for another month before I hit the road with him. It's been really fun to be on tour with Shawn. He lets me sit with him during some of the q and a sessions before his concerts, and I get to watch him rehearse and stuff.

But there's a couple of problems: I've never been away from home for this long, so I'm really homesick, and I've been having trouble falling asleep on the tour bus, causing me to be exhausted. I haven't told Shawn about how tired I am, but I think he's catching on.

"Are you going to join me for this q and a babe?" Shawn asked. I thought for a moment before shaking my head.

"No. I'm just going to relax back here in your dressing room if that's okay." I said. Shawn kissed my forehead and the spot that he kissed was left feeling tingly even after his lips were no longer there.

"That's fine. I love you." Shawn said. I smiled at him.

"I love you too." I said. Shawn then went to the q and a. I laid down on the couch and closed my eyes. I had my eyes closed for what felt like ten seconds when suddenly I felt someone rub my cheek with their thumb. I opened my eyes and saw Shawn. He smiled at me.

"Hi baby. Are you tired?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. What are you doing babe? Go to your q and a." I said. Shawn chuckled.

"Honey I already did. You've been out like a light this whole time." Shawn said. My eyes widened.

"Damn." I said.

"Why don't you stay back here during the concert so you can rest? You look really tired." Shawn said. I shook my head.

"No I'm fine. I'll watch from the side of the stage." I said.

"You're very stubborn, did you know that?" Shawn asked. I laughed and nodded.

"Yeah. I'm fine babe, really." I said as I tried to open my eyes more. Shawn sighed.

"Okay. But if you get tired, I want you to come back here and rest, okay?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Okay." I said. Shawn smiled at me. Soon, it was time for him to perform, and I stood on the side of the stage. Shawn had only performed two songs when I turned to Andrew, Shawn's manager, and told him that I was going to go lay down in Shawn's dressing room. He nodded and said that he would let Shawn know when he got off stage. I closed my eyes, and a little bit later, I woke up to someone lifting me up. "Huh?"

"Shhh babe, it's just me." Shawn said as he carried me bridal style. I nodded.

"Okay." I said.

"Let's get you to the tour bus so you can rest." Shawn said.

"I can walk, you know." I said. Shawn laughed as he continued to carry me.

"Yeah, but I like carrying you. Close your eyes babe." Shawn said. I shook my head.

"How was the show? Why did I ask that? You're always amazing." I asked and said. Shawn laughed as we reached the tour bus. He carried me to the back of the bus and laid me down.

"Sleep, my love. I'll carry you to our hotel room when we get there." Shawn said, and I was too tired to say anything, so I simply nodded.

The next time that I woke up, it was the middle of the night and I was in a hotel room, cuddled up to my amazing fiancé. Suddenly, I felt really homesick, and all of this tiredness was catching up to me. I got out of bed, grabbed my phone, went in the bathroom, shut the door, and called my mom.