8. Lake House Loving

A/n: Explicit language in this one! I hope that you guys enjoy it. Okay, without further ado, let's begin!

Shawn's point of view

All of my friends and family know that I want to marry my girlfriend of three years, Y/n Y/l/n. Even her former next door neighbors know it, but that's mostly because she's so close to them. I was in Europe one day when my phone rang. It was Y/n's former next door neighbor, Dave, who has known my girlfriend since her mom was pregnant with her and is basically my girlfriend's second father.

"Hey Dave, how are you?" I asked.

"I'm good Shawn. How are you?" He asked.

"I'm good. Is everything okay?" I asked. He rarely calls.

"Yeah, I actually just wanted to talk to you about something." He said.

"Oh, okay. What's up?" I asked.

"I know that you want to propose to Y/n, and I know that you want to wait until after tour, but my brother owns a lake house up in New Hampshire and it's beautiful up there. Don't you get a break from tour during the summer?" Dave asked. I checked my schedule.

"Yeah. I'll be home from April thirteenth until June eleventh." I said.

"Okay. Well, once Y/n's out of school for the summer, which I think happens in May, why don't you swing by our house and get the key. My brother thinks that the lake house would be the perfect place to propose and the summertime would be a perfect time to do it. He wants to give you the lake house for a week." Dave said, and my jaw dropped.

"Wait, seriously?" I asked. Dave laughed.

"Yup." He said.

"Okay. Thank you guys so much." I said.

"I'll pass that message on to my brother since it's his lake house." Dave said.

"Okay, cool. Um, I already got Y/n's parent's permission to propose, but you're basically her second father. Is it okay with you if I propose to her?" I asked. I could tell that Dave was getting choked up.

"Of course. You can tell how in love you guys are, everyone can see it. I'll text you the address for the lake house." Dave said. I smiled.

"Okay. Seriously, please thank your brother and his wife for this." I said.

"Will do. Just let us know what week you want the lake house and then stop by so we can give you the key." Dave said. I nodded even though he couldn't see me.

"Okay. Talk to you later Dave." I said.

"Bye Shawn." He said, and we hung up. I then called my beautiful girlfriend.

"Hey handsome." She said, and just the mere sound of her voice made me smile.

"Hey gorgeous. I have a question for you." I said.

"What is it?" She asked.

"When is your last day of school?" I asked. There was a pause.

"I think that it's around May thirteenth. Why?" She said and asked. I smiled.

"I have a surprise for you when I get home." I said. Y/n groaned, causing me to laugh.

"You know how I feel about surprises!" Y/n said.

"Yes, but it's going to be a good surprise, I promise." I said.

"Ugh. Fine. I'm only doing this because I love you." She said and I laughed.

"Well that's good because I love you too. I love that we've talked about our future and marriage and kids and stuff like that. I'm going to propose to you someday, I promise." I said. There was a pause. "You still there babe?"