55. You're Pregnant

I looked in the mirror and sighed. My pregnant belly was giving me stretch marks, making me feel insecure. Well, more insecure than usual. I'm currently four months pregnant with mine and my husband Shawn Mendes's first baby. Shawn and I found out last month that we're having a girl, causing Shawn and I to be very happy since we've always wanted a little girl first. I heard the front door to the house open and I pulled my shirt back down. What if Shawn sees the stretch marks and doesn't think that I'm beautiful anymore and leaves me? I sighed.

"Babe? I'm home!" Shawn yelled. I went downstairs to greet him. He smiled and his face lit up with excitement when he saw me.

"Hey there handsome." I said as I walked up to him. He kissed me and our lips moved in sync as I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my tummy, I felt sparks shoot through my body like fireworks, and I felt my heart race like crazy. Shawn and I pulled away and he squatted down to kiss my belly. He then stood up again.

"Hey there gorgeous. How have my girls been today?" Shawn asked as he rested his hands on my growing baby bump.

"Good. She still hasn't kicked yet. I want to feel her kick." I said. Shawn nodded.

"I know honey, but she'll kick when she's ready. Is it okay if we lay in bed so I can talk to her?" Shawn asked. I reached up and ran my fingers through his hair as I smiled and nodded.

"Of course. I can't wait until she's here. You're going to be such an amazing father Shawn." I said. He smiled at me, but then it faded a little bit.

"What if I hold her and I drop her? What if she doesn't like me? What if I can't -" Shawn started spiraling, so I placed a kiss on his lips as I continued to play with his hair. He sighed into the kiss. I then pulled away and he lightly hugged me - he's been so much more gentle with me since he found out that we're expecting, not that he was ever was with me - and rested his head on my shoulder.

"Shawn, you're not going to drop her. I know that you're going to be careful. And she's going to love you. You're an amazing man and husband, and I know that you're going to spend so much time with her." I said. Shawn nodded his head against my shoulder. He then nuzzled his face in my neck and placed a gentle kiss there. I smiled. He then pulled away.

"Let's go upstairs so I can talk to your belly." Shawn said as he interlaced our fingers. I felt sparks shoot through me yet I felt safe and warm at the same time. I nodded and we went upstairs. I laid down on the bed and Shawn laid next to me.

"Kisses?" I asked. Shawn smiled and nodded at me before kissing me. We didn't have a full on make out session, but it wasn't a short kiss, and I couldn't help but moan into the kiss a little. Shawn pulled away.

"Oh God baby, don't moan or you'll turn me on. That's typically not a bad thing but we can't really have sex while you're pregnant. I feel like that would just be weird." Shawn said with a chuckle. I blushed and giggled.

"Wait, so are you telling me that a little noise that I made turns you on?" I asked. Shawn blushed.

"Baby, you don't know the things you do to me." He said with a smirk and I cupped the back of his neck so I could pull him in for another kiss. Shawn stopped before our lips could meet. "Don't turn me on babe." Shawn said. I smirked.

"I'm not trying to turn you on. I just haven't had your kisses all day and I miss them. You're like a drug to me and I'm hooked on you. Please give me some kisses before you talk to the baby." I said. Shawn nodded.

"Okay. Come here." He said, and we kissed. This one did turn into a makeout session, and when he pulled away, I groaned. He chuckled and shook his head.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too. Are you sure that you don't mind me talking to your belly?" He asked. I ran my fingers through his hair again.

"Honey, she's your baby too. Of course you can talk to her." I said. Shawn nodded and then moved down on the bed so his head was closer to my belly. He lifted up my shirt a little, and I immediately pushed my shirt down. I didn't want him to see the stretch marks. Shawn gave me a funny look.

"Why did you do that babe?" Shawn asked. I shrugged and looked away from him.

"I don't know. I just don't want you lifting up my shirt." I said. Shawn studied me for a moment as if he were trying to figure out what was going on. He then decided to just ask me instead.

"What's going on love?" He asked. I had been laying down but now I sat up and leaned against the headboard and he moved closer to me. I held his hands in mine, needing to feel close to him.

"I have stretch marks on my belly." I said. He tilted his head.

"Okay?" He asked, not understanding. Tears formed in my eyes.

"What if you see the stretch marks and you stop thinking that I'm beautiful and you leave me?" I asked. Shawn's eyes widened.

"Oh my gosh honey. That will never, ever, ever happen. I love you so much honey. The fact that you have stretch marks is beautiful and I love it. It shows that our baby girl is in there and she's growing. Darling, you're the most beautiful girl in the world, and I can only hope and pray that our little girl looks like you. I love you honey. Please never feel insecure in front of me, and if you ever do, tell me. Okay?" He asked. I nodded.

"Okay. I love you too." I said. He gave me a quick kiss before I laid back down and he put his head near my belly and put his hand on it and rubbed my belly. I continued to run my fingers through his hair.

"Hi little girl. Your Mommy and I already have a name picked out for you: Rose Lucille Mendes. Isn't it beautiful? I love it. You're named after two great women, your three times great aunt Rose who was beyond classy and elegant and lived to be 102. Lucille is your great-great grandmother who was practically a saint. I can't wait to hold you honey. I already love you more than I will ever be able to describe. You're my little girl, and you always will be. No matter how old you get, you'll always be my little girl, and I'll always be your Daddy." Shawn said. He then kissed my belly and moved so his head was next to mine.

"That was beautiful honey." I said. Shawn kissed my cheek and continued to rub my belly.

"Thank you. I hope that she's just like you. I can't wait to spoil her like crazy. I think I'll buy her a tiara or something." Shawn said. I giggled.

"Oh God. But let's make sure that she stays grounded. I don't want her being one of those kids that goes out and spends all of Daddy's money and uses Daddy's credit cards and is a spoiled brat." I said. Shawn chuckled.

"We're never going to let her get like that. She's going to be grounded and not a brat." Shawn said. I nodded and smiled at him. He then took his hand away from my belly and I frowned.

"Heyyyy." I whined.

"What's up babe?" He asked.

"I like it when you rub my belly." I said. Shawn laughed and I cuddled up to him as he began to rub my belly again.

"Does this feel good hun?" Shawn asked. I yawned and nodded.

"Yeah. I'm tired." I said. I had my eyes closed and Shawn kissed my temple.

"Sleep, my love." Shawn said. I nodded.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too honey. Now get some rest." Shawn said. I nodded and fell asleep. Five months later, Rose Lucille Mendes was born, and Shawn instantly became an amazing father. I love him and our little girl so much.