94. "Look At This."

I stood on the back deck with my husband of seven years, and partner in love for eleven years, Shawn Mendes, as we watched our three kids play in the backyard. Shawn had his arm wrapped around my shoulder, and I had both of my arms wrapped around his torso as I rested my head on his chest. I looked up at him and watched his handsome face as he watched our kids, Rose, Jake, and Sarah. Shawn then looked at me and smiled.

"Darling you're staring." He said. I blushed, having been caught in the act.

"I can't help it, you're just so handsome." I said. Shawn chuckled and kissed my forehead. The spot that he kissed was left feeling tingly even after his lips were no longer there.

"I love you Mrs. Mendes." Shawn said. I smiled.

"I love you too Mr. Mendes. Look at this. Look at what we've done in the past eleven years. We've dated, we've bought a house together and moved in together, we got engaged, we got married, and we have three beautiful children together." I said as I watched our kids. Shawn kissed the side of my head and pulled me even closer together. Our bodies molded together perfectly, like we were made for each other.

"Life is absolutely amazing with you darling. You make me the happiest man alive and I'm the luckiest man in the world all because of you. You've given me three beautiful children and I love you, my amazing wife, so much." He said. I smiled.

"I love you too and I love this life that we have together." I said.

"Daddy come play with me!" Rose yelled.

"I'm coming sweet pea." Shawn said and held his hand out for me to take. We interlaced our fingers and I felt electricity spark through me, yet I felt safe and warm at the same time. Shawn and I walked down the steps off of our deck and into our backyard. Rose came up to us and separated our hands.

"Why did you do that Rose?" I asked.

"Because guys have cooties. Mommy, aren't you afraid that Daddy has cooties?" She asked and I giggled a little bit.

"No, I'm not worried about him having cooties at all." I said. Rose nodded and Shawn squatted down so he was around the same height as her.

"So Rosie, because I don't have cooties, could I have a kiss from you please?" He asked and I smiled. He's such an amazing father. Rose nodded and gave him a kiss.

"Mwah!" She said as she kissed him and I held in a laugh. She then hugged Shawn.

"Awww, thank you honey. Now, I know that you're six years old already, but I need you to stop getting older, okay?" He asked as she pulled away from the hug. She giggled and shook her head.

"Nooo Daddy. Come play with me!" She said. Shawn stood up and I watched as he played with his kids who are so beyond precious to him. I remember when he was so afraid to have a baby because he was worried about dropping the baby, but now he's just amazing. Sarah, our youngest, came up to me.

"Mommy can I go on the swings please?" She asked. I nodded and walked my two years old daughter over to the swingset and put her in the swings. Shawn looked over and brought Rose, and our four years old son Jake over to the swings. Jake likes to move around, so he did his own thing on the swingset while I pushed Sarah and Shawn pushed Rose.

"Higher Daddy, higher!" Rose yelled and I looked at Shawn. He was smiling as he pushed her more.

"I'm trying honey." Shawn said.

"Mommy!" Jake yelled.

"What's up my little monkey?" I asked him.

"Can I tell you something?" He asked as I pushed Sarah. I nodded.

"Of course you can." I said.

"You're my favorite parent." Jake said, right in front of Shawn, and my jaw dropped. I looked at Shawn. His eyes were wide. I nudged him with my foot and he looked at me.

"Listen babe, it's obvious that you're Rose and Sarah's favorite parent. Let me have him." I said with a smile. Shawn nodded.

"But they shouldn't pick favorites." Shawn said.

"Yeah, but I had a favorite parent growing up. It's okay." I said. Shawn nodded and he looked sad. I leaned over and kissed his cheek. He smiled at me and then turned to the kids.

"Hey kids, what do you guys think of having another sibling? Do you guys want a baby brother or sister?" Shawn asked and my jaw dropped. Whenever Shawn and I talked about how many kids we wanted, we always said three, and we would stop there.

"Yeah, I want a little brother." Jake said.

"I want another brother too." Rose said. Sarah didn't say anything. Shawn looked at me with a smile.

"So what do you say Mrs. Mendes, should we have another baby?" Shawn asked.

"Can we talk about this later please?" I asked. Shawn's smile faded but he nodded. Later on, Shawn and I put the kids down for a nap and went downstairs to sit on the couch and talk.

"So what do you think about having another little one?" Shawn asked.

"Shawn, we've always agreed that we want three kids, not four, and then you said it right in front of the kids! You're not the one that has to carry the baby for nine months and then give birth. Plus, you're about to go on tour for the first time in a while. We don't have time for another baby. If we had another baby, we would have to sell this house and buy a new house because there's not enough room here." I pointed out. Shawn sighed but nodded.

"Okay. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that in front of the kids. I love you honey, and I love having a family with you." Shawn said. I kissed his cheek before resting my head on his shoulder.

"I love you too and our love our family. Do you want to go take a nap?" I asked.

"Yeah. Come on sweetheart." Shawn said. We then went upstairs and napped. I'm so proud of all of the things that Shawn and I have accomplished.