183. Toothpaste Kisses

My boyfriend, Shawn Mendes, and I have been living together for a little over a year. I woke up in his arms and admired his features as he slept. I can't believe that a little over three years ago, he asked me to be his girlfriend. I love him so much. I snuggled closer to him and, in his sleep, he instinctively tightened his grip on me, causing me to smile. I kissed his chin and he smiled. His eyes then fluttered open, and he smiled at me when he saw me.

"Good morning handsome." I said.

"Good morning gorgeous. Did you just kiss my chin?" He asked. I giggled and nodded.

"Yeah. I love you." I said.

"I love you too darling. Want to go downstairs and have counter talks?" He asked. I nodded as I began to get out of bed but he pulled me back down.

"What are you doing?" I asked with a giggle.

"You're not leaving this bed until I get a kiss." He said with a smirk. I smiled and put my lips on his. I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my tummy, and I felt sparks shoot through my body. We pulled away, breathless, and smiled at each other.

"Better?" I asked. He nodded.

"Much." He said. I laughed and we got out of bed and went downstairs.

"Actually babe, do you mind if, rather than counter talks, I stand behind you and hug you from behind while you make the pancakes?" I asked. Shawn smiled and shook his head before kissing my cheek.

"No, that's fine darling." He said. I smiled, and as he stood at the stove, I wrapped my arms around him and placed a few gentle kisses on his back. "Are you okay baby girl? You're quiet."

"Yeah, just thinking about how much I love you. I hope that you realize that I love you a lot and I really appreciate you and everything that you do for me." I said. Shawn put one of his hands on mine before going back to the pancakes.

"Oh honey, I know that you love me a lot, and I love you a lot too. I appreciate so much babe. More than words will ever be able to describe." He said. I smiled and placed a kiss on his back. Soon, breakfast was ready and we sat down and ate. Afterwards, we went upstairs to brush our teeth. I saw that Shawn had pulled out his phone and it looked like he was recording.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I brushed my teeth. He had toothpaste all over his lips.

"Give me a kiss baby." Shawn said as he took his toothbrush out of his mouth.

"No! You have toothpaste all over your lips." I said with a giggle.

"Come on, come give me a kiss." He said as he walked towards me. I took my toothbrush out of my mouth and we kissed. We soon pulled away and smiled at each other.

"You're minty." I said and Shawn laughed.

"So are you." He said.

"I don't know if you're filming or not but I have to spit so don't film this please." I said. Shawn chuckled.

"Okay darling. I'm doing a live stream. Hi guys. That was a minty, toothpaste kiss that I just gave my girlfriend who is now rinsing." Shawn said. I spit out the water and then turned to him. He finished brushing and spit and rinsed. We went in our bedroom and sat on our bed. I leaned my head on Shawn's shoulder as he continued his live stream. I then looked up at him. He had been looking at his phone screen, but then he looked at me and smiled. "What's up babe?"

"Kisses?" I asked. He chuckled and nodded.

"You never have to ask my love. Just put your lips on mine and I'll kiss back." He said. I smiled and we kissed again. After we kissed, Shawn ended the live stream and we cuddled. I love mornings with Shawn.