19. He Surprises You

I laid in bed, trying to sleep even though it was seven in the morning. My fiancé, Shawn Mendes, is currently on tour right now and I always sleep better when I'm in his arms. I got out of bed and padded my feet down the hall and into Shawn's office. I turned on the light and sat at his desk for a moment. He has so many pictures on his desk, most of them being of him and I. I smiled, stood up, walked over to the couch that was in his office, and laid down. For some reason, being in his office made me feel closer to him, and I thought about that closeness as I fell asleep.

Shawn's point of view

I pulled into mine and Y/n's driveway and went inside. I searched around the first floor of the house and couldn't find my lovely fiancé. I went upstairs and into our bedroom. Nope, she wasn't in there. I saw her car in the driveway, where could she be? I looked and saw that my office light was on. I went down the hall and into my office and saw my beautiful fiancé, asleep on the couch in there. I smiled and then squatted down in front of the couch. I rubbed her cheek with my thumb and then kissed her forehead before gazing at her again. I love her so much. Her eyes fluttered open and she gave me a confused look.

"Shawn?" She asked as she rubbed the tiredness out of her eyes. I nodded.

"Yeah. Hi honey. Did I wake you up?" I asked.

"It's okay. What are you doing home?" She asked.

"Well, I thought that it would be a good idea to surprise my girl. What are you doing in here anyways pretty girl?" I asked.

"Don't laugh, okay?" She asked. I smiled.

"Okay." I said.

"Sometimes, when you're away and I miss you, I come in here because it makes me feel closer to you." She said with a blush. My smile widened and I kissed her forehead again.

"That is so damn cute and I love that." I said. Y/n giggled.

"So you're not mad that I come in here?" Y/n asked. I shook my head.

"No, of course not. Honey, this isn't just my house, it's your house too. It's our house, and when we have kids, it'll be their house too." I said. Y/n sat up and I sat down next to her and pulled her into my lap.

"Oh! I have a present for you but it's not fully ready yet." Y/n said.

"That's okay. What is it?" I asked. She got off of my lap and I followed her into our bedroom. She sat on the bed and opened up a drawer and took out some photos that I recognized from her Instagram. I smiled.

"There's eight of them and they're from my Instagram. I was going to frame them and then hang them up on the wall in here that has windows." She said. I smiled as I sat down to look at them. I then looked at my fiancé and smiled at her.

"I love it. Have you gotten the frames yet?" I asked. She shook her head.

"No. Not yet." She said.

"Well let's go to the store right now and get some frames." I said. Y/n smiled at me and we went downstairs and got our shoes on and went out to the car. When we started to drive off, Y/n took one of my hands and interlaced our fingers together. Her touch sent electricity through me yet I felt safe and warm at the same time. We soon arrived at the store and went to the aisle that has frames.

"Okay, so we need eight frames. Which ones should we get?" I asked. Y/n thought for a moment before picking a few out.

"I like these ones. Which ones do you like?" She asked. I looked at them and picked out a few.

"How about these ones?" I asked. Y/n smiled and nodded. Y/n then gasped and pointed at a magazine that had my face on it, causing me to laugh.

"Oh my gosh Shawn you look so damn cute in that picture." She said.