155. You Pick His Tie For The Wedding

My fiancé is the singer and songwriter, Shawn Mendes. Last week I picked out my wedding dress and paid for it. I obviously need to go for fittings as our wedding gets closer, especially since the people at Kleinfelds, where I got the dress are doing alterations to it, but I'm very excited about it. I laid on the couch with Shawn, my head resting on his chest as he traced random shapes on my back.

"Shawn?" I asked. He kissed the top of my head.

"Yes my love?" Shawn asked.

"What if you don't like the wedding dress that I picked?" I asked. Shawn took his finger and put it underneath my chin so I was looking at his gorgeously handsome face. I can't believe that I get to marry this man.

"Darling, you could wear something with a million holes in it, and you would still look absolutely gorgeous. You're going to look drop dead gorgeous no matter what, and I know that I'm going to love the dress." Shawn said. I nodded.

"But what if you don't?" I asked. Shawn kissed my forehead.

"Honey, I promise you that I will. And you like the dress, right?" Shawn said and asked. I nodded and smiled.

"I love it. When I put it on, I kept saying 'Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh.' because I just knew that it was the one. I would show you a picture of me in it, but that's bad luck, plus they're doing stuff to it." I said.

"No, I don't want to see you in it until I see you walk down the aisle. What do you mean they're doing stuff to it?" Shawn asked. I sat up a little and so did he, but he continued to rub my back.

"Well, the front of it, if I had left it the way it was, it would have showed a bit of cleavage." I said. Shawn's eyes widened. I nodded, knowing what he was thinking.

"How much cleavage?" He asked.

"Too much. I had a feeling that you would have liked me leaving it like that, but only if you would be the one seeing me in it, but our loved ones are going to be seeing me in it too, and I don't want our loved ones seeing that much cleavage, so they're fixing it so it doesn't show as much of my boobs." I said. Shawn nodded and pulled me closer to him.

"Good. I'm about to be your husband, and only I can see that much cleavage on you." He said. I giggled and nodded and then put my head on his shoulder.

"I just really want you to like the dress. I think you will." I said. Shawn nodded.

"I will honey, I promise. My mom was there when you picked out the dress, would you feel better if you called her and asked her what she thinks I'll think about it?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Yeah." I said. I leaned forward, grabbed my phone, and called Karen.

"Hi Y/n! How are you darling?" She asked.

"I'm good. I have you on speaker and I'm with Shawn. I'm just so nervous that he won't like the wedding dress that I picked, and he's trying to reassure me that he will like it, but he said that maybe I should call you about this. Do you think that he'll like the dress? Please pretend that he's not sitting next to me." I asked and said with a giggle.

"Oh honey, he's going to love it. Both your mom and I were crying when we saw you in it for the first time. Y/n, you looked like a princess. I know that I can't say much because Shawn is listening to this, but I think that he's really going to love the pattern on it." Karen said. I nodded, even though she couldn't see me.

"Okay. Thank you. You don't think that I looked like a cotton ball or anything, do you?" I asked.

"No of course not! You looked like a princess! You love the dress, right?" She asked.