58. "Are You Really Going To Wear That?"

A/n: Explicit language in this one! Anyways, I hope that you guys enjoy this! Okay, let's begin!

Tonight, my boyfriend Shawn Mendes and I are going out to a bar with some friends. I put on black jeans and white tank top that was cut low in the front. I put on some makeup and looked in the mirror. I'm typically an insecure type of person, but I have to say, I was feeling quite confident. I couldn't wait for Shawn to see me. I walked out into the bedroom, where Shawn was and he looked at me. I couldn't read his expression but I still smiled.

"How do I look baby?" I asked.

"Are you really going to wear that?" He asked, and my smile fell.

"Yeah. Why?" I asked.

"Well it's cut a bit low in the front. Please get changed babe. I don't want you wearing that out at the bar." He said. My eyes widened. In our whole three years of being together, never has Shawn ever tried to control what I wear. In fact, he's never tried to control me at all, about anything.

"Well I like the outfit." I said.

"I do too, you look hot, but it shows some cleavage and we're going out where guys could be checking you, my girlfriend, out. I don't want you wearing that." Shawn said. I crossed my arms.

"Well I'm going to wear this. It's my body and I can wear whatever I want." I said.

"You're not going out in that outfit." He said.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"You're not wearing that in the bar." He said.

"Yes, I am." I said. A car then honked. "Our ride is here. Let's go." I said. He sighed and before we left the house he grabbed my hand.

"Let's just put up a front and pretend that we're okay." He said. I nodded and snatched my hand back.

"Whatever Shawn." I said, and I put on a fake smile as we walked out to the car. I even sat in the back with him as my best friend, Grace, drove us to the bar.

"Y/n you look hot!" Grace said. I smiled.

"Thank you. This outfit makes me feel confident and good about myself honestly. Maybe I should wear it more often." I said. I had been holding Shawn's hand - still putting up a front - and I felt him tense up. Oh well. We soon arrived at the bar.

"We're here guys." Grace said, and we all got out. I don't like alcohol, so I usually don't drink, but tonight I was going to need it. I went up to the bartender and asked for a Coors Lights. Grace gave me a funny look as Shawn stood nearby. He was talking to his friends that had met us there but was staring at me.

"What?" I asked Grace.

"You hate drinking. Why are you getting a beer?" She asked. I sat down and told her about what had happened at home. She was pissed.

"Like, for once, I feel good about myself and confident and then he tries to tell me what I can and can't wear." I said.

"Listen to me Y/n, this is your body, so it's your choice. Wear whatever the fuck you want." Grace said. I nodded. I then felt someone tap me on the shoulder and looked over to see some guy standing next to him.

"Hey gorgeous. Want to dance?" He asked.

"No thanks. I have a boyfriend." I said.

"Oh come on, he doesn't have to know." He said.

"Dude, she said no, so leave her alone." Grace said. The guy scoffed and walked away. A few minutes later another guy came up to me.

"Hey sexy. Want to dance?" He asked.