61. He Sees You In The Crowd

I decided to surprise my boyfriend of three years, Shawn Mendes, while he's on tour. I'm on spring break right now and he has a show in Stockholm, Sweden. Obviously he has no clue that I'm coming, but his manager and some of the other members of his team know. He called me when I landed, it was like he knew.

"Hi baby boy." I said.

"Hey, I've been trying to reach you for a few hours now and you haven't been answering. Are you okay?" Shawn asked. I felt bad for making him worried.

"Yeah I've just been busy and I was napping earlier." I lied, causing me to feel bad.

"But yet you couldn't just text me that?" He asked and he sounded upset.

"I'm sorry Shawn. I was busy and I just got a chance to look at my phone. I don't get upset with you when you tell me that you've been busy." I said. Shawn sighed.

"I have to go Y/n." Shawn said and hung up. I then saw Andrew and he frowned.

"What's wrong?" He asked. I told him what had just happened.

"I couldn't answer because I was on the plane and I already felt bad that I had to lie to him, and now I feel even worse because he's upset with me." I said. Andrew sighed.

"Yeah he's been really missing you lately." Andrew said as we got my luggage.

"So because he misses me he gets upset with me and then hangs up on me?" I asked. Andrew shrugged and a few of Shawn's fans came up to me.

"Hi Y/n! You're so pretty! Could we get a picture with you please?" They asked. I fake smiled and nodded.

"Sure. Just please don't post it until later, Shawn doesn't know that I'm here." I said. They promised that they wouldn't post it and we took the picture. I got back to my hotel room and Shawn called me. "Hi." I said.

"Hi. I just wanted to apologize for earlier. I just really miss you and I had been so worried about you. I'm so sorry that I took it out on you honey." Shawn said.

"Thank you for apologizing babe. I miss you too and I love you." I said.

"I love you too." He said. We talked for a little bit before he had to go. I was able to be front row at his concert. Andrew said that there's a part where Shawn runs into the crowd, so hopefully he'll notice me.

I watched him perform and it was amazing. He gave it his all, just like he always does. I'm so proud of him. Then, he began to run into the crowd. I felt slightly nervous for some reason. He hugged a fan that was a few people away from me and then his eyes widened when he saw me and his jaw dropped. He then came over and hugged me.

"Oh my gosh babe! What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Surprise! I wasn't actually busy earlier, I was on the plane, that's why I didn't answer. Are you mad?" I asked. He shook his head.

"Oh my gosh no. I'll get you after the show or something. I'll see you in a bit." He said before running off to see his other fans. When he was running back onstage, he stopped, gave me a quick kiss and then got on stage and finished up the concert. He kept smiling at me and I kept smiling at him. After the show, a security guard helped me over the security fence and I went to see Shawn backstage. He immediately pulled me in for another hug.

"I just missed you so much and I needed to come see you. I'm sorry that I lied to you." I said.

"It's okay honey. I'm sorry that I got upset with you and hung up on you. That was stupid of me." Shawn said. I held his face in my hands.

"Hey, never say that ever again. It's okay baby boy, it's in the past." I said. He nodded and kissed me. I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my tummy and I felt sparks shoot through my body like fireworks. Shawn and I eventually pulled away and smiled at each other.

"How long are you with me for?" He asked. I sighed.

"Just a few days. I'm sorry baby." I said.

"It's okay. I'm just glad that I got to see you." Shawn said. I spent the next few days with Shawn before flying back home. I'm so happy that I was able to surprise him.