125. American Pie & Talks With Manny

A/n: Okay so growing up, my father and my brother loved to sing American Pie by Don McLean for some reason, so I decided to write this imagine. Anyways, please enjoy this imagine. Okay, without further ado, let's begin!

I stood off to the side of the stage with my parents, my brother, and my fiancé's parents Karen and Manny Mendes, and his sister, Aaliyah Mendes. My fiancé is the singer and songwriter, Shawn Mendes, and I love him more than words will ever be able to describe. I smiled and danced to the song that he was playing, but soon it came to an end. Shawn grabbed an acoustic guitar and put it so it was resting on his back before he went up to speak into the microphone.

"So tonight is a very special night. As some of you may know, my fiancé, Y/n Y/l/n, has been on tour with me, so she's here tonight. But her family, and my family are here tonight as well, making tonight very special. I actually have a surprise for them, so if they could all come on stage, I would be very happy." Shawn said. I looked at my mom and her eyes were wide.

"It's okay mom." I said and she nodded. We all walked towards the steps and Shawn held his hand out for me to take. When our hands touched, I felt electricity spark through me, yet I felt safe and warm at the same time.

"Hey there future wifey." He said as I got closer to him. I smiled.

"Hey there future hubby. What are you doing?" I asked. He just smiled at me and brought us all on stage. He then pointed to each one of us to introduce us.

"So my lovely fiancé just asked me what I'm doing. Well, when her and I were backstage in my dressing room earlier, she said that her father and her brother used to sing a certain song sometimes, so I thought that it would be nice not only to play it, but to bring the people who I love the most out on stage to enjoy this with me. Now, it's not the shortest song in the world, but oh well." Shawn said. He then smiled at me and whispered in my ear. "When I get to the chorus and turn a little, I'll wave for you to come over, and I want you to help me sing the chorus."

"What? No, I can't do that." I said with wide eyes. He chuckled.

"Darling, you have an amazing voice, I promise. You can do this, I believe in you. So, my darling girl, are you going to help me sing the chorus?" Shawn asked. I gave him a hesitant look and he gave me his best puppy dog face. I sighed and nodded.

"Okay." I said. He smiled at me and kissed my cheek. I knew what song he was about to play, so I just smiled. When he started to sing American Pie by Don McLean, my smile widened. Soon he got to the chorus and he turned a little and waved me over as he smiled at me.

"Come on baby." He said before he got to the chorus. I looked at him and focused on him and only him as we sang the chorus together.

"Bye, bye Miss American Pie / Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry / And them good ole boys were drinking whiskey and rye / Singin' this'll be the day that I die / This'll be the day that I die." I sang with Shawn and he smiled at me. I then moved away a little, back to where I was standing, as Shawn sang the song. The song is actually about eight minutes long, but I stood on stage with everyone, and got my family and Shawn's family to clap along, and whenever the chorus came up, Shawn would have me sing into the microphone with him. Soon, the song came to an end. He took his guitar off and handed it to his dad before turning to me. He picked me up and began spinning me around.

"YOU DID IT! YOU SANG ON STAGE WITH ME!" He yelled but he had moved away from the microphone.

"Okay, getting dizzy." I said. He set me down and his smile was huge as he held my face in his hands.

"I'm so freaking proud of you. Oh my gosh babe. You just sang in front of a bunch of people and you were great!" He said. I smiled at him.

"Thank you! Do you realize that it means the world to me when I hear that you're proud of me?" I asked. Shawn kissed my forehead and the spot that he had kissed was left feeling tingly even after his lips were no longer there. He then continued to smile at me.