Chapter 145 - An Uncomfortable Dinner

~~~

Kira and Bakugou haven't even glanced in each other's direction since their altercation earlier in the day. They always seem to be arguing about something, or gazing at each other so endearingly that it feels like the world has suddenly stopped moving. They put their heads down and chase after Endeavour like they've been doing for the past six days, refusing to let their eyes connect. Kira can still feel his body heat somehow, his warmth radiating through her. Damn him for obstructing her thoughts, blocking her concentration with his complicated demeanour.

The sun's struggling to remain present for the heroes, illuminating the sky in a deep, golden tone, as they rest on a tall skyscraper. The day has come to an abrupt end and Kira still hasn't mastered this new traversal technique of hers. Kira wipes her brow, stretching her sore limbs out, as her classmates try to catch their breaths. Endeavour doesn't appear to be tired at all, gazing out upon the city in deep thought.

He turns around all of a sudden, staring at each of them intently. "Follow me!"

Endeavour leaps off the building, not giving them a second to question or fully recover. However, instead of chasing a potential criminal, the pro hero leads them back to the agency, landing on the rooftop. Kira looks around, as she lands heavily, expecting a sneaky surprise attack, or something like that, but it isn't really Endeavour's style.

"Get changed into your uniform," he instructs the students, walking briskly to the rooftop exit. "I have something else planned before you head back to UA."

"Something else?" Midoriya wonders, but follows the pro hero regardless.

Kira shrugs slightly, her bones weary. "It must be important if he's acting this way."

"I'm not so sure," Todoroki mumbles.

"You know something?" Kira asks, entering the building and removing her gauntlets.

"If it's what I think it is, then yeah," Todoroki says, though he's being especially shady about the whole situation.

Kira tilts her head at her classmate, before stepping into the lift. "Okay," she drags out the word, getting suspicious now. "You feel like sharing?"

"No," Todoroki says blankly. "If I'm wrong, it'll be best if you didn't hear about it."

"Okay," she says again, as the lift dings, announcing their arrival to their floor.

Kira steps out with her friends, as they enter their temporary rooms simultaneously. She closes her blinds and removes the rest of her hero gear, once again marvelling at how damaged it is. Hopefully, it can all be repaired again. Her UA uniform has been cleaned and pressed for her in her absence and Kira silently thanks the entirety of the number one agency and everyone who works here. She makes sure she washes the day off her skin, splashing her face with cold water and changes promptly, facing the mirror so she can properly adjust her tie. Her blazer sits comfortably on her shoulders and she allows a tense sigh to escape her body. She's exhausted - her bed back at the dormitory calls to her.

Kira packs away her hero suit into its metal case and grabs her bag from the bed. She scans the room one final time, before leaving, noticing that she's the last one to leave. Her friends stare at her as she exits the room, like they've never seen her before or something.

"So? Where now?" She wonders, breaking the silence and shrugs her bag onto her shoulder.

"Let's head to the main office," Todoroki suggests. "Endeavour may be there waiting for us."

Kira nods, satisfied with the plan and they all walk in a pained, yet anxious bundle towards the main agency room. It's bustling with life, but there's no sign of Endeavour.