Chapter 82 - A Welcome Morning

~~~

Her curtains were closed when she woke up; she usually leaves them open to ensure that a cool, morning breeze eases her into another tough morning. She likes the feeling of an autumn gust to wash over her senses and remind of the sensation of living another day.

But, as Kira forces her eyes to crack open in the harsh darkness of her dorm room, her curtains weren't flapping at the bottom like they normally do. They were motionless, so Kira turned her head to her ceiling and then she slowly sat herself up.

Her uneasiness disappeared when she noticed Kirishima still very asleep with his head rested in his arms. He's sat on the floor beside her bed, his arms draped on the covers, his hair messy and concealing his snoozing features. Kira felt all her worries cease and a smile tugged at the corner of her lips. He looked adorable fast asleep, with his hair wavy and tangled. She always preferred his hair down - he only styled it for the day though, not like it was his 'normal' hair style.

Kira scooped a thick curl from his eye, so she could spot his restful expression. Her heart exploded at how peaceful his expression was that she just really didn't want to wake him. But, as Akira glanced over at the clock on her bedside table, she didn't have a choice, unless they're to be late for class.

"Eijiro?" She whispers, but he doesn't stir.

His lips are parted ever so slightly, as he snoozes the morning away. Kira rolls her eyes at his unresponsiveness.

She doesn't even recollect getting back to bed last night. The last thing she remembers is Kirishima detailing the sky to her. He was gushing about the moon and telling her a whole number of interesting facts about it. He mentioned the stars, commenting on their particles and the delicacy and power behind them. She remembers him talking about the constellations, her hand in his as he guided her to each one.

Kira looks at her hand on Kirishima's shoulder as she gently shakes him. She longs for his chilling, yet comforting touch again.

"Kirishima," she says, a little louder this time.

This time, he groans, but doesn't wake.

That explains why her curtains are closed. If Kira ended up drifting to sleep next to him last night on the roof, he must have carried her downstairs and to her room. He didn't have to stay, but he did. Her heart pounds for him.

"Kiri?" She strokes his red hair behind his ear and his eyes flutter open, staring at Kira in a sleepish daze, as if he'd forgotten where he is. "Are you even awake?"

"Huh?" He mumbles, his eyes trailing around the walls of her dorm room, a glaze over his irises as he battles the morning exhaustion.

They were both up pretty late last night, just enjoying each others company and chatting about their lives.

"Come on," Kira stifles a laugh, watching her beloved blankly stare around her room. "Stand up and you'll wake up quicker."

Kira scoots herself off her bed and grabs Kirishima's hands. They wait in the middle of the room and it seems her partner is fixated on something behind her. She looks over her shoulder at the curtain.

"Good idea," Kira remarks.

She drags him out onto the balcony where the cold morning air tickles their skin and vanishes up their clothes. Kirishima blinks quickly, wiping away the sleepiness.

"There he is!" Kira barks. "I could have sworn you were still asleep then."

"I think I was," he slurs slightly as he forces himself awake.

"I don't even remember falling asleep last night," she tells him. "I didn't mean to though! It's not like I found what you were talking about boring! I was just really tired and you were really comfy-"