Chapter 52 - The Initial Phase (Part Two)

~~~

"I really, really wanted to talk to you some more," she says to Midoriya, her knees tucked up to her chin.

She then sends a sharp look at Akira, as if she's disrupting their precious time together, before her features ultimately soften and she raises her head so her face is a lot more visible to the three of them.

"But, not with so many people around," the Shiketsu girl adds, her expression darkening when she glances over at Ochaco. "What a bummer. Ochaco Uraraka - he really trusts you a lot, y'know."

Without giving Ochaco the chance to reply, the Shiketsu girl stands up and leaps away out of sight amongst the rubble and debris.

"Come back, naked girl!" Sero shouts from one of the rocks above. Kira didn't even realise he was there.

"Don't follow her!" Midoriya warns.

"Why not?" Kira questions. "She was the one who came after us. We should go after her and make sure she doesn't try again."

"It might've just been her Quirk, but it looks like she wasn't wearing her clothes or her targets," Midoriya explains. "You're right" - he turns to Kira slightly - "there's still a chance she might come after us, but think about it: we don't have much time left and it would be hard to get a point off of her."

Sero leaps off the taller rock, using his Quirk to swing himself down to safety, as Midoriya stares off into the distance, the way the Shiketsu girl disappeared.

"So, now what?" Kira asks, following his gaze, before waving a hand in his face. "Midoriya? You good?"

"Well..." He says hesitantly. "I just have to check. You three are actually you, right?"

Sero chuckles softly under his mask. "What are you talking about?"

"Earlier, that girl," Midoriya answers uneasily. "She transformed into Uraraka's clone."

Sero's mask flips open in shock and Kira jumps in front of Ochaco with her arms open wide, as if trying to block her body from Midoriya's view, despite the fact that the issue had already passed and Ochaco's wearing her hero outfit.

"Was she naked then too, Midoriya!?" Sero shakes Midoriya roughly by the shoulders.

Meanwhile, Ochaco has turned red all the way to the tips of her ears.

"That's what you're concerned about!?" Midoriya replies, his voice wobbling with every ferocious shake of his shoulders. "Of course not! She had a costume on!"

Kira shakes herself free from the distraction and drags Sero away from Midoriya where he continuously rattles the poor boy by the shoulders. She yanks Sero down to a crouch beside her, her hand gripped onto his shoulder.

"We shouldn't make a lot of noise," Kira decides to say, her finger hovering over her lips. "Who knows where everyone else is hiding."

Sero nods, before turning to Midoriya, who crouches on the other side of Sero and Ochaco beside Kira, opposite Midoriya.

"What's the deal with that girl, then?" Sero questions, his fingers brushing over the ground as he steadies his crouched position.

Kira shares a glance with Midoriya. "We're not really sure," she tells him, before putting a hand on her chest. "I mean, I didn't see her transform."

The three of them all turn their heads to Midoriya who sighs heavily, his eyes closing for only a moment. "One minute, she was the girl from Shiketsu, the next" - he glances up at Ochaco - "the next, she looks just like Uraraka."