Chapter 77 - An Unfortunate Reveal

~~~

As soon as all the school teams had completed their tests, defeated their villains and saved their hostages, Aizawa whisked Akira and her classmates away and out the door, holding the sheets of paper with a death grip. When they exited the building, he smacked each of them upside the head with the paper.

"Hey!" Bakugou rounds on his teacher, temporarily forgetting the wrath Mr Aizawa holds. "What the hell was that for!?"

"You know damn well what that was for!"

Aizawa actually yells at Bakugou. He's always had a short temper, but his chilling monotone voice has always been enough to frighten Kira and her classmates into submission. Not once has he raised his voice at his students.

Present Mic steps closer, placing a hand on Aizawa's shoulder, as if to remind him of his presence.

Aizawa's features drop at Present Mic's touch. "Look, with All Might out of the picture, you three have the potential to be outstanding students, but... it's like you three aren't taking it seriously. This isn't a joke."

"We know that, sir," Akira says, her voice quiet in case she awakens the beast once again.

"Is that so?" He nearly scoffs. "Then, what the hell did I just watch out there?"

Kira blinks up at her teacher, their surroundings so dark that only a nearby streetlight offers any kind of visibility. It wasn't even that late, Kira's certain - just another indication that the year is coming to a dreary close as September sinks in.

"Kiriya," Aizawa starts, handing her the piece of paper. "Though you've definitely shown improvement, you still have much to learn. Especially with certain... conditions, there's no time for mistakes like the one's you made today."

Akira glances at her sheet, frowning at words and whole sentences written in capitals and circled profusely. It definitely didn't send a positive message.

"Todoroki." Aizawa hands his marks to him too. "You know you can do better than that." Aizawa steps closer to the student, as his eyes drift over the words on his paper. "Like the examiner said, put aside your past and focus on becoming a better hero. No mistakes."

Aizawa then locks eyes on Bakugou, his expression stubborn and defiant. He never learns and probably never will.

"Bakugou." Aizawa shoves the sheet of paper in his chest. "Yo- I'm gonna be as blunt and as harsh as possible with you, because it seems that that is the only language you understand." Aizawa huffs heavily, his shoulders heaving with the motion. "You blame yourself for All Might? You wanna redeem yourself for being the cause of his downfall? How do you think you're gonna achieve that by failing the license exam... for the second time?"

"Shota..." Present Mic interrupts, though his voice is quiet.

"I don't know if it's got something to do with Midoriya or the League of Villains or even your own damn issues but frankly I don't care," Aizawa adds, ignoring Present Mic. "Now, your traits are obstructing the best of your abilities and the last thing you are is stupid, so I know that you know about your recklessness. You wanna be number one? You wanna beat Midoriya?" Bakugou looks up slowly, his expression remorseful and also understanding. "Suck it up. Work with your classmates and prove to me - to everyone just how much potential you have."

Without waiting for any type of response, Aizawa marches to the bus, barking orders as he does. The three of them just stand there, dumbfounded by Aizawa's outburst. Usually, he's so calm and collected, but this just proves how serious this matter is. After all of Kira and Todoroki's pleading to try and get Bakugou to work with them, perhaps this will finally persuade him.