Two Heroes (Part Six)

~~~

By the time they had dealt with the robots, Kira was completely out of breath. Everyone was. Kira squints up at the hole in the wall high up above, where Ochaco sent Midoriya and Melissa to continue with their mission.

Kira throws a lazy arm up at the hole. "You... you think you have enough energy to get us all up there?"

When she doesn't get a reply, Kira looks back down, searching for Ochaco, when she spots her throwing up behind a tower of defeated robots. Kira's face scrunches up in both disgust but sympathy for her tired friend.

"I'll take that as a no, then," she mumbles instead, gazing back up at the wall far beyond their reach.

Kira sighs, glancing back at the now still, silent fan that Todoroki used to blast Midoriya and Melissa back on the right track after a vicious gust of wind threatened to blow them off course. Even if Ochaco had the strength to get them all up there, Todoroki would have to stay behind to use his fire to get the fan started and direct them towards the hole.

"Looks like it's the stairs," Kirishima says, tracking Kira's eyes with his hands on his hips.

Kira nods, too exhausted for words.

"We haven't got all day, you damn idiots!" Bakugou shouts suddenly, the collar of his shirt dampened with sweat.

"Hold up, Bakugou!" Kirishima counters, leaping in front of his way. "Don't go running off again, man. We gotta figure this out together."

"No way," he scoffs his reply, side-stepping around Kirishima. "If you idiots wanna stick around and talk some more, go ahead. I'm finding a way up there."

Kira rushes over to Ochaco as she slowly but surely recovers from her moment of weakness. "You good now?" Kira asks, ignoring the stench of fresh bile.

"Yeah," her classmate sniffs. "Sorry."

Kira shakes her head. "Don't apologise. You did awesome."

"Yeah, I guess so," she mutters, bobbing her head from side to side.

Kira chuckles softly, helping Ochaco straighten. "Oh yeah? Well, I know so." Kira leans back to view her brunette friend. "You might not have the most combative Quirk, but you're damn strong."

Ochaco sends her a sheepish grin, wiping her nose on the back of her hand as Kira embraces her friend into her, her arm wrapped firmly around her to give her shoulder a comforting squeeze.

Kira raises her head back to the others as Bakugou and Kirishima continue to bicker. "We've gotta get going," Kira says, low enough for just Ochaco to hear. "You okay to move? Midoriya and Melissa need our help."

Ochaco nods sternly in reply, not giving Kira a verbal answer in order to muster up her strength to keep going. Good.

"Move out of my way, shitty hair, before I make you move!" Bakugou yells, his expression twisted in anger at his stubborn classmate.

Todoroki stands idly by, waiting for Kira to join up with Ochaco, watching the argument commence. Kira frowns at the hot head, surprised that he hasn't knocked Kirishima on his ass for being a nuisance already. Perhaps he's a little more worn out than he claims, so he's conserving his energy. Or maybe, he doesn't really want to hurt Kirishima, despite his constant threats.

"I hate to agree with him, but he's right," Kira says, shuffling over with Ochaco's arm draped around her.

"Of course I am!" Bakugou huffs.

"We've gotta find a way up and fast," Kira adds. "Some stairs, a lift. Anything."

"You really think that shitty Deku can do everything on his own?" Bakugou responds, his words focused at Kirishima. "That damn nerd doesn't stand a chance."