Chapter 50 - The Start Of The Provisional Hero Licensing Exam

~~~

"I can't believe you kissed him!" Mina practically squeals.

"And I can't believe you're still going on about it!" Kira retorts, stabbing into her lunch tray harshly.

Mina has been non-stop gossiping about Kira's emotional moment with Kirishima a few days ago. Of course, she had to tell her girlfriends the news as soon as she could, but she didn't expect Mina to constantly be focused on the topic.

"You're the one who said you were gonna focus on your Quirk first," Mina states, her mouth full of food.

"Yeah, yeah." Kira sighs, her head dropping, almost in shame. "But, it was the moment and we've already been through so much together and-"

"Well, I don't think it's gonna last," Kyoka cuts her off, her tone nonchalant.

Kira turns her head to her classmate down the table. "Oh yeah? What makes you think that?"

She shrugs slightly. "It just seems so easy - you need someone who can challenge you."

"Like Kaminari, you mean?" Kira raises a pressing eyebrow at her friend.

"Denki Kaminari?" She frowns.

"No, the other Kaminari in this school," Kira deadpans. "Yes! Denki Kaminari."

"I've wondered this myself," Momo says quietly, as if afraid to take part in the heated conversation.

"There's no shame in it," Toru adds. "We've seen the looks you two have been giving each other."

"You guys are crazy," Kyoka scoffs. "We're just friends."

"Yeah, okay," Kira returns the scoff. "That's what I thought at first with Kirishima. Now, look what's happened."

"You kissed him!" Mina blurts.

Kira throws her friend a look. "Give it a rest, Mina."

"No way!" Kyoka continues to argue. "Kaminari is just a huge flirt."

"You almost seem upset about that," Kira smirks and Kyoka sends her a sharp look. "As if you want all his attention to yourself."

"Shut up, Akira," Kyoka mumbles.

Kira laughs at her reaction, stirring a domino effect with the other girls.

"We shouldn't even be worried about the boys anyway," Toru says, as a mouthful of food travels down her invisible throat. "What we should be worried about is our Quirks. We should focus on them."

Kira stares at her invisible friend for a moment. "Who the hell are you and what have you done with Toru?" She teases.

"Yeah, that's unlike you, Toru." Tsu tilts her head, her finger on her chin.

"If anything, that's something you would say, Tsu!" Mina laughs. "You're the smarter one out of us."

"Speak for yourself!" Kira jokes.

"I'm serious!" Toru says, even though she chuckles too. "The provisional license exam is coming up and I don't want any of us to fail."

"Don't worry, Toru." Kira places a hand on her shoulder. "As long as we stick together, we should be fine."

Kira can only guess that her invisible friend is smiling at her, as her reply is silent. Kira places her hand back by her side as she finishes off her bowl. She's only a little bit worried about the upcoming exam - even if it is against other schools, who may have more experience and skill than them. There's also the matter that other schools are going to know all about their Quirks because of the Sports Festival. It already put them all at a massive disadvantage. However, class 1A has come across villains time and again and have come out on top - she's sure they can handle whatever throws at them next.