Chapter 45 - The Truth About Light Bringer

~~~

Akira couldn't process the information as Bakugou had to practically drag her out of UA. At least she knew where her mother was - she knows she's not dead somewhere, at least in this reality.

"I have to go see her," Kira says desperately.

"What? No," Bakugou answers. "I'm not wasting any more time on your own personal matters."

"But I haven't seen her in years and now I know where she is."

Bakugou shakes Kira by the shoulders. "Get it together, you idiot. That isn't your mother. This is not your world."

"But, I don't know where she is in our reality and this might be my very last chance to see her face again."

Bakugou groans irritably but releases his hold on her.

"You don't understand," she says quietly. "You still have both of your parents."

For a moment, Kira had forgotten about her father's reappearance, if it was indeed him that day. As a child, she never spent much time with her father anyways, courtesy of her mother wanting to distance her from each other as much as possible.

"We don't have time," Bakugou argues. "Besides, how the hell are you gonna get into a high-security prison in the middle of nowhere?"

"I'm sure they'll let me in to see her."

Bakugou scoffs. "Yeah, somehow, I don't think so. You need to make an appointment for that kind of thing."

"Maybe Aizawa can sort something out."

"No," Bakugou says blankly.

"Look, I need answers!" She yells, getting frustrated at her classmate's lack of compliance. "I need to know if this Light Bringer is anything like my one. Perhaps her reasoning for disappearing is similar. It might even help me finally find her."

"It could take months!" Bakugou responds. "I don't know about you, but I wanna get back to my own reality."

Something behind Bakugou catches her eye and Kira squints in the darkness towards the dorms.

"Oh my God," she mutters to herself, before grabbing Bakugou's shirt to get his attention. "Look." She points to the roof of the dorms, noticing a figure.

Before Bakugou can reply, she takes off, boosting herself using her Quirk.

"What the hell are you doing, shitty hair!?" Bakugou yells up at Kirishima.

The black-haired boy doesn't respond as he stares down at Kira and Bakugou, the wind playing with his hair.

"Forget about this," he says finally, his voice wavering.

"What?" Kira yells up at him. "Just come down!"

"He won't do it," Bakugou says to Kira. "He doesn't have it in him."

Kira frowns at Bakugou as he stares up at Kirishima. "You're forgetting that this is not the Kirishima we know. This one is... lost." She aims her concentration back up to the roof. "Why don't you come down and we can talk about this!?"

"There's nothing to talk about! I've gone over it in my head over and over again. I never should have joined the hero course."

"The damn idiot," Bakugou mutters.

"I don't think I can leave this reality knowing how things really are," Kira says, her voice only a whisper. "This world already feels dark and cruel. It's difficult to believe that so much is different just because Midoriya is still alive."