Chapter 15 - The Baby In The Aisle

~~~

"Come on, Kaminari! It's your turn!"

"I don't know, guys," her classmate replies, glancing around nervously. "Why doesn't someone else go before me?"

"What's the matter with you?" Kyoka yells over the sound of the building rattling around them. "Just go!"

Kaminari looks around at the shaking building and then to his classmates, before his gaze drops to his feet. Kyoka groans in annoyance and slips into the chute first, disappearing from sight.

"See?" Kira throws a lazy arm at the emergency chute. "Easy-peasy. Your turn."

"I-I can't," he insists still.

Suddenly, a huge chunk of concrete crashes around them, splintering bits of debris around Kira and the others. She shields her eyes from any dangerous shards as Bakugou storms over, shoving Kira and Midoriya out of the way.

"Get a damn move on, dunce-face!" He roars, making his way to Kaminari.

"Wait! Wait!" Her classmate throws his arms up as Bakugou shoves him down the chute. "I don't do well in small spaces!"

Kira hears him as he travels down, his terrified voice squealing.

"My turn," Mineta says proudly, sitting at the entrance. "Any of you ladies wanna accompany me?" He wiggles his brows at Kira and Momo, the only girls left in the building.

Kira recoils in disgust, before marching over. Mineta perks up at her approach, thinking he's 'won her over' when instead she ends up booting him down the slide.

"Oops," she says sarcastically, shrugging with one shoulder.

The building shakes violently once again and Kira snaps her attention back to the others.

"Who's left?" She looks around.

Midoriya, Bakugou, Todoroki, Sero, Momo, Aoyama and herself.

"Okay, Aoyama! You go next." Midoriya takes control, urging the terrified blonde down the chute.

He nods frantically, hanging onto the chute and then disappearing into the darkness. Sero shouts a warning as the ceiling starts to cave in, the concrete crumbling around them.

"Hurry the hell up, you idiots!" Bakugou orders, his bellows only just audible over the destruction.

The ceiling snaps in two, the roof about to cave in on all of them, ready to conceal them under mounds of concrete, when suddenly, Sero regains control of the situation, wrapping multiple layers of tape around the pillars around them.

"Hurry up!" He strains, his face turning red, the veins around his elbows popping out.

"Okay, okay!" Kira pants, out of breath all of a sudden. "Momo!"

"On it!" She calls back, already vanishing down the tube.

"Todoroki!" Midoriya summons.

Whilst Kira was ensuring Momo made it down safely, Todoroki had concealed the deathly crack with a thick layer of ice. But how long will it last? It already starts to splinter, a crack spreading across its surface.

"Get a move on, Icy-Hot!" Bakugou shouts.

Todoroki rushes over to the chute, placing a hand on top and glancing back at his ice over the ceiling, before turning his attention to Midoriya. The green-haired boy offers a reassuring nod and Todoroki sighs, ice-cold breath escaping him. He finally escapes down the chute, just as the ice gives way.

Sero mutters a curse as the force of the concrete pulls him forward a few steps, his feet dragging across the ground, dust and dirt flying everywhere. Kira returns the curse, sprinting over and grabbing his tape, tugging from in front of him.