World Heroes Mission (Part One)

~~~

Something's come up. Something big.

It's all over the news - a terrorist attack, where a bomb containing some sort of gas has exploded in a major city. It seems to have the estranged ability to cause Quirk's to go out of control. So much so that those with powers have died from the intensity of their capabilities.

Everybody's on edge, expecting another attack to occur at any second, an exact replication of what happened a few days ago. The students of Class 1A have been itching for justice, for a purpose, to get involved with taking down those responsible for this act of terrorism, but that's just what they are - students. It would be foolish to allow such young, inexperienced children participate in such an enormous threat.

Wouldn't it?

However, her friends don't seem to share her unwillingness to help stop this new foreboding enemy that threatens to endanger her life every second of each passing day. Bakugou especially. He's itching to stop those responsible, even if means throwing himself into the line of fire. He's a hero, through and through.

As Kira unpacks her school-related items onto her desk and tucks her bag underneath, balancing it against her shins, she's surprised when Present Mic enters the classroom. Aizawa is supposed to be here to lecture them on what is supposed to be another uneventful day of lessons. They're meant to be prepping for the rapidly approaching final exams. It's already nearing the end of January, so they don't really have any time to waste for unintentional detours.

Kira watches Present Mic march up to the front of the classroom and everyone immediately ceases their bickering at his arrival. He doesn't look his usual, cheerful self. In fact, he's sweating, his brows creased uncomfortably, as his eyes roam over the anxious students.

"Sir?" Kira speaks up, slowly standing at her desk. She has an inkling of what direction this is heading and she's not pleased. "Where's Mr Aizawa?"

Present Mic's wide eyes meet her narrowed ones. "He's uh- he's with little Eri and the other kid," he tells her, but his hesitant tone alerts her of his not-so-subtle lie. "Listen up, students!" He tries an authoritative take. "Something urgent has come to the heroes attention. It's time for you all to suit up and follow me!"

The students practically flip their tables with glee at the news, as the wall beside them opens with a hiss, revealing their hero suit cases.

"Sir!" Iida's voice bellows amongst the excitable students. "Could you further explain our mission? What's at stake?"

"Everything," Present Mic replies ominously, as he heads towards the sliding door.

Kira looks around at her classmates, grabbing their cases with misguided eagerness. They don't even know what they've signed up for. If it means being out there in the world where they can put their skills to use, they don't seem to care about what the facts might entail. So, why should she?

Kira shakes her head and darts around her desk to catch up to the pro hero. "Present Mic!" She calls. "Wait!" She grabs his arm to halt him in his tracks.

He turns to her, but his expression stuns her. Present Mic is usually a jokester, a charismatic character to rely on when all hope is lost, but with his brows still taught with guilt and his shoulders slumped, Kira doesn't know what to think.

"Does this have anything to do with what happened a few days ago?" Kira asks, but she already knows the answer. "With that terrorist attack?"

Present Mic nods.

"Why us?" She wonders, her voice barely a confused whisper. "Why do we have to fight?"

"Because there aren't enough heroes," he confesses plainly. "Trust me, I didn't want to have to involve you guys, but my hands are tied."