Chapter 67 - Meeting The So-Called 'Big Three'

~~~

The day went by swiftly, only to be replaced with the next. Kira's beating heart had significantly alleviated after Mina's assurance over her chattering lips. She promised she would keep her rumours concealed, though Kira knew she was probably itching to tell someone, anyone.

Midoriya was also free of his house arrest today, leaving the furious Bakugou with his reflections. She was curious as to what the duo discussed during her absence - there were just... things she overheard that she probably shouldn't have. Just snippings of discontinued conversations.

They usually always abruptly ended with a torrent of harsh language from Katsuki Bakugou.

It always made Kira wonder how Kirishima profusely sticks by his side, despite the constant violent tendencies that grow and explode from the boy. After all, her partner already struggles with his own image. Even though he hides that part of himself most of the time, Kira can poke through the facade, mainly because of her witnessing the black-haired Kirishima from the alternate reality.

Only because of him, did she open her stupid eyes. Only because of him, did she see the pain he holds deep inside.

She's just waiting for him to choose when he feels comfortable enough to share it with her. After all, Kira's already made the mistake of prodding the hideous bear that is Bakugou, only resulting in his further distaste of her.

Yeah, Kirishima will open up in time. She has to trust him.

Kira shrugged on her bag, blinking quickly to rid herself of sudden, unwanted tears and accompanies her classmates across the street and to UA.

Her thoughts always find a way to wiggle their way to the front of her mind, finding their priority in her naive life. It's that naivety that's put her in the position in the first place.

Kira's swept along with the wave that is her classmates, allowing the tide to turn her into her classroom.

To be entirely truthful, Kira hasn't got any idea what she's doing.

"You guys!" Kira stops taking her books out her bag, her hand frozen in place, as she turns her attention to the doorway. "I'm so very sorry about my behaviour!"

"Oh - it's no worries, man!" Kaminari pipes up, waving his arms at the fuming Midoriya.

"Iida!" Midoriya turns to the class rep, bowing repeatedly, with his arms locked at his sides. "I'm sorry for everything!"

"Uh.. sure thing, Midoriya!" Iida returns the energy, slightly confused but all the while accepting the apology.

"I'm going to try my best to catch up with everything I missed out on and you'll never see me screw up ever again!" Midoriya blurts out and the whole class merely blinks at his enthusiasm.

"Okay." The dull voice of Mr Aizawa appears behind Midoriya and the boy freezes. Everyone's scared of Mr Aizawa. "That's enough of that. Don't you think?"

Midoriya nods eagerly and rushes to his seat with no further fuss.

"Now that Midoriya's back, we'll go into more detail about what the work studies entail," Aizawa explains, causing Kira to frown. She was here yesterday and didn't hear about this. It must have been something her classmates have been briefly told about a few days prior to the end of her house arrest. "Go ahead and come in."

All heads turn to the door as it slides open and three students enter 1A's classroom.

"I'll have people who've experienced them first hand explain," Aizawa adds. "I suggest you listen carefully as they point out how work studies differ from internships. These three are third years from UA. They rank at the very top of our student body. You may know them as: 'The Big Three'."