Chapter 37 - Upgrading Hero Costumes

~~~

After their interrogation with Mr Aizawa and Principal Nezu, it was about time to continue training. So, as Kira trudged back to the locker room, she was immediately swamped by the other girls. They'd obviously heard the loud microphone summoning her and Bakugou to the staff room. She wondered if the boys ambushed Bakugou too - he wouldn't tell them anything anyways.

"Kira!" Mina rattles her by the shoulders.

"What? What? What?" Kira mutters, shaking off her arms and swinging open her locker.

"Well?" Her friend presses.

She sighs as the girls crowd her in a circle, waiting for an answer. "It's nothing. Aizawa and Principal Nezu just wanted to talk about what happened when we were held hostage."

"You-"

"And it's not something I'd rather bring up again," Kira says sternly, glaring warning daggers at the girls.

As Kira changes, wriggling herself into her costume, fastening her boots, pulling on her gauntlets, a thought strikes her. As the other girls start to leave, Kira stares into the vast emptiness of her locker.

"Ochaco!" She calls out, slamming the locker closed and grabbing the girl by the arm.

"Kira? Everything okay?"

"Yeah," she pants, weirdly out of breath. "I hate to bring this up - believe me. But... back at the Training Camp, when Toga attacked both you and Tsu, what did you say she did to you?"

Ochaco blinks at her, before turning to face her properly. "She... she was trying to take some of my blood. I don't think she was able to take much or any at all."

Kira stares off into space for a moment, before shaking her head. "Do you have any idea why? Did she say anything?"

Her friend hesitates. "N-no. Why? Is something wrong?"

"No! No!" Kira soothes.

"She's just crazy, is all," Ochaco says a little nervously.

"You're right." Kira strains a smile. "Who knows why these villains do what they do?"

Kira pats Ochaco on the shoulder to encourage her to leave the locker room and she does. Kira watches her leave, her smile slowly dropping.

Her own theories have been scattering around her brain at how and why Toga decided to infiltrate herself into Kira's life. Her blood obsession has to be a part of it, or Kira's grasping at straws and her obsession is just that - a crazed, psychotic obsession.

But, the more Kira racks her brain, the more she can't stop thinking about it. What if the reason Toga has drained all her victims of blood is because she needs it. What if it has something to do with her Quirk? It would make sense - Toga uses blood to create duplicates of her victims.

If that is indeed the case, that doesn't explain how Toga managed to grab a hold of Light Bringer's blood. She hasn't been around for years. Perhaps her theory is wrong. It has to be, right? After all, that's just one of many theories plaguing her mind.

Kira takes a step forward but freezes again. If all she needs is blood to create a duplicate of her victim (if her theory is indeed correct) then Kira's in trouble. She has potentially spent weeks with the Light Bringer duplicate. What if Toga somehow managed to get some of Kira's blood?

Another thought struck her like a punch to the gut. What about Bakugou? She was unconscious for two days - how does she know if Bakugou is really Bakugou?

She nearly laughs to herself. If this was really a Bakugou duplicate created by Toga, then he never would have spoken to her last night about his uncertainty.