Chapter 126 - Sing Your Heart Out Kyoka Jiro!

~~~

Akira wanted nothing more than to stay locked away in her dorm room, away from the prying eyes of her classmates who are sure to notice her lack of enthusiasm for the live show. More than that, she wanted to avoid Bakugou. His words hurt - they cut deep in ways her healing Quirk can't save her from. It reminded her of his true mannerisms that washed over her like a salty breeze, causing her to choke up whenever she thought of him, her tears threatening to make a blunt reappearance.

Kira's eyes hurt. Her head hurt. Her heart hurt. She had to fight her cowardice and toss her covers aside to get herself ready for the concert.

She didn't even change clothes after Kirishima left last night, still wearing her gym clothes, the shirt torn from her heated state. Instead, she chose black clothes, leggings and a plain shirt. Her clothes didn't really matter as today everyone had specially made shirts for the live show. It was Momo's idea.

Kira hesitated by her bed, standing in front of her mirror in her bra and fresh leggings. Her finger trailed across the scar running from the middle of her stomach and round her side. It was thin, but definitely noticeable. The teachers don't even know about this injury, only her classmates. Part of her is glad that Mr Aizawa wasn't there the day they returned to their reality. She's sure that Present Mic filled the other adults in on her Atomic Power unleashing, the bear's presence. The whole event was kept quiet from the other classes because, for some reason, whenever class 1A does anything outside of UA, something crazy has to happen.

As Kira watched her own finger grazing across the scar, tickling her skin, her reflection sombre, like she was reminiscing on something that could have been, she remembers Bakugou's touch as he helps her put a new bandage around her wound. She remembers his words, his demeanour, so different to how he was last night. His new behaviour confused her, but ultimately reminded her of who Katsuki Bakugou truly is. He's a bully and bad person with a shielded conscience and selfish attributes. Even if all he said to her was the truth, shoving her mistakes in her face.

She hates him.

And, she'll prove him wrong. Kira will become a hero. One better than he claims to become. She'll battle her Quirks and strengthen her resolve. She'll discover the reasonings behind her bizarre abilities and the lengths they'll take her. More than once, her Quirks have surprised her, as if they've acted of their own free will, like when her Atomic Power unleashed, her body healed her eyes and her skin, reinforcing her with a toxic strength that she never wants to witness again. Her Atomic Power can be used for good, if only she knows to control it. It's as if her healing Quirk has been given to her to combat her light Quirk, as if her body just knows what it needs to survive. Is this what the Quirk singularity theory is about?

Kira finished getting ready and left her room, noting the time and took the lift down to where the others are surely getting ready for the show. When she finally arrived, the air was bubbling with excitement, anticipation and nerves. Momo was sweating while Tokoyami tried to reassure her, Kirishima, Sero and Todoroki were going over the plan for the millionth time and Kyoka was trying to convince Bakugou to wear the shirts specially designed for them.

Kira ignored the latter and kept her sights on the special effects team gathered in a huddle together.

"There you are." Kirishima sighs in relief. "Thought I was going to have to drag you out of bed, or something."

"I'm here," Kira says, reassuringly. "You going over the plan again?"

Todoroki nods. "Yes, we don't want to make any mistakes."

"We've got this," Kira replies.

"You're awfully eager," Kirishima notes. "Excited?"

"Just... trying to get my mind off things."