Chapter 98 - Slipping Through The Cracks

~~~

Akira had a trillion thoughts invade her that night. Most of them had her questioning her morals and what kind of person she currently is. She's contemplating disregarding her partner so she can work on her evolving her Quirks so she can save her father. But, Kirishima is now. He's infront of her and something is wrong.

He pulled away just before they shared a loving embrace, even after initiating their romance yesterday. It was him that complimented her. He was the one to make her feel that way by caressing her features. She could still sense his cold tremor on her face as she lay motionless in her bed, staring up at her ceiling as she reflected on how her emotions soared that evening.

Kira still has six months to save her father. Today is for Kirishima. Especially since it's his birthday.

Kira dragged herself out of bed, getting ready with a determined rush. First, they had to get their lessons out of the way and then it's all about Kirishima.

Kira smoothed down her skirt as she swung her door open, her bag over one shoulder. Surprisingly, Bakugou seems to be waiting outside his door, his arms crossed and his foot tapping impatiently on the ground.

"What the hell, shitty hair?" She hears him grumble from across the hall.

Kira tentatively decides to approach the angered student. "Something wrong?"

"Yes," he snaps instantly. "Shitty hair hasn't come out of his room yet."

"Right," Kira says, nodding in remembrance. "Because you two walk to school together every morning."

He only huffs in response.

"Well, have you tried knocking?"

"Of course I have!" He retaliates.

Kira looks thoughtfully at her partner's door. "It's not like Kirishima to be late."

With a shrug, Kira opens her partner's door, half expecting him to still be fast asleep. But, it's empty.

"That idiot made me wait and he's not even here?" Bakugou returns to his irritated state. "When I find him I'm gonna-"

"I'm just glad he's up and about," Kira says quietly, her eyes still locked on Kirishima's neat and tidy room.

The bed has been made, the sheets tucked under the mattress at the corners, his desks are aligned and the objects upon them are straight and clean. The red punching bag hangs ominously by the open curtains.

Kira looks up to the right at Bakugou when he remains silent. "Don't you think we should tell someone?" She wonders.

"About what?" Bakugou meets her gaze.

She tilts her head at his question. "About Kirishima. How he's acting and how he feels."

"What's to tell?"

Bakugou shrugs at Kira's suggestion and she nearly implodes, turning her body to him fully after closing Kirishima's dorm with a soft click.

"Don't just brush this off," Kira says sternly. "Something happened to him yesterday. And now... he's not even here."

Bakugou turns to the lift, immediately dismissing her worries.

"Hey! Doesn't he wait for you here?" She pushes. "Every day?"

Bakugou stops with his back to her and she spots his shoulders sag.

"Yeah, he does."

"Yesterday, he..." She pauses, suddenly remembering who she's speaking to. She should really save her thoughts for the girls - they'll understand a heck of a lot more than Bakugou.