Chapter 6 - The Attack On USJ

~~~

Seven Years Ago

"What's the most villains you've taken out in one go?" Kira wondered, walking side by side with her mother down the street.

"Akira," she laughed.

"Come on! Is it a lot? I bet it's a lot!"

Light Bringer sighed, before stopping. "It's not a competition, Kira."

"I know that," she sulked. "But All Might has defeated loads of bad guys!"

"Well, I'm not All Might," she said, continuing down the path. "Don't forget about your own strengths, Kira. Don't try to be someone you're not."

"Okay." She nodded, taking her mother's hand in hers.

~

Present Day

The class chose their representatives after much debate. Tenya Iida is elected as the main rep after he was able to control the chaotic crowd that erupted during the alarm at lunch. Momo Yaoyorozu is the the deputy representative, based on her precise criticism during the battle exam.

"Sir, what kind of training is this?" Sero asks, sticking his hand up.

Aizawa flashes a rescue card for the class to see. "You'll be dealing with natural disasters... shipwrecks... stuff like that."

Kira finds herself smiling at this news, as rescuing has been more of her strong suit at the moment. She'll be able to show the pro heroes just what she's capable of.

"I know you're excited about costumes," Aizawa continues, cancelling the excited chatter from the class. "But keep in mind, you haven't gotten used to them yet and they might limit your abilities." The costume rack extends out of the wall and Kira can feel goosebumps travel up her arms. "This special training is at an off-campus facility, so we'll be taking a bus to get there."

After everyone changes into their hero gear, they clamber onto the bus in an excited rush, eager to continue with the rescue task. The layout of the bus is different from than ones she's previously been on. She glances around for a spare seat - the only one being next to Bakugou.

Damn.

She should have been faster to get onto the bus. Kira takes her seat next to him, but he's too lost in thought to pay much attention to her. With his hand on his chin, he gazes out the window and completely ignores her. That's good. The last thing she wants is him losing his cool and yelling at everybody.

"Wait, hold on Tsu," Kirishima was saying, as Kira listens in mid-conversation. "You're forgetting All Might doesn't hurt himself. That makes a huge difference. Still, I bet it's cool to have a simple augmenting type of Quirk. You can do a lot of flashy stuff with it. My hardening is super strong and can destroy bad guys in a fight" - he hardens his arm to prove his point - "but it doesn't look all that impressive."

"Don't be so hard on yourself, Kirishima," Kira speaks up from her seat. "I think your Quirk looks awesome. You're definitely gonna become a pro hero with a skill like that."

"Oh, you think so?" He blushes slightly, cancelling his Quirk. "Seems like it'd be easier to be a popular hero if I had something flashier. Well if anybody has what it takes to be a pro hero it's Todoroki and Bakugou."

"Maybe so, but Bakugou's always angry so he probably won't even be that popular." Kira covers her mouth with her hand suddenly, remembering that his presence is right next to her.

"What did you just say?" He growls, turning his head to face her with murder in his eyes.

"You know, we basically just met you," Kaminari begins, catching Bakugou's attention away from her. "So, it's kinda telling that we all know your personality is flaming crap mixed with garbage."