Chapter 21 - Shopping With Class 1A

~~~

Light Bringer wasn't there when Kira returned home that day, nor was she when she woke up the next day. In fact, she was alone. Normally, Light Bringer's sidekick would be here to ensure that Kira would get ahead with her training. But, as Kira tip toed down the stairs in the morning, she was in fact, utterly alone.

And she's never been so relieved.

Perhaps they were patrolling together. Or maybe there was a complicated villain that Light Bringer needed assistance with. Whatever the issue, Kira made sure to slip out the house as soon as possible, in case they returned.

Kira locked the front door behind her, shrugging her rucksack onto her back. The sun was out and the sky was blue without a cloud in sight, as Kira made her way to the shopping centre they all discussed to meet up at. Kira couldn't hide it - she was excited to meet her friends outside of school. She was glad that both Kirishima and Mina talked her into it.

Kira strolled through a park, struggling to remember if this was a shortcut or not. She passed families sitting on the grass, picnicking and chatting amongst themselves. Dogs chased sticks and children ran round in circles. A few people stared, courtesy of her appearance during the Sports Festival, but most didn't dare come close to the one who practically became a ticking time bomb.

Keeping her head down, Kira picked up the pace, as she continued down the path, before turning a few corners, trying to block out the whispers. She shouldn't have come outside. She should have made an effort to hide her face.

Before she knew it, she was approaching the grand shopping centre. It was in fact, ridiculously big, towering above her and stretching further than she can see. She made good time, arriving just ten minutes before they all planned. This gave her time to browse on her own, as she snooped past each shop, peeking through the windows when she noticed something that interested her. What was she here for again? Outdoor stuff? Kira felt her loose change in her pocket, grimacing at the fact that despite her rich mother, she didn't have a lot of money.

She sighed, wondering if coming here was a good idea after all. Kira's only ever known her classmates from school, but all them gathered together socially, it might change her view of them... Or them of her.

Before she has a chance to consider leaving, Kira hears Mina and Kirishima faintly through the crowd calling her name - she's sure of it. She spins on the ball of her feet, gripping the straps of her bag, just as Mina wraps her arms around her tightly.

"You came!" She squeezes Kira so tight she can't breathe.

"Yep," she wheezes. "Mina - can't breathe."

She releases her hold and Kirishima grins at her. "I gotta admit, I didn't think you were gonna come."

"Had to sneak out," she says quietly, as if her mother might be listening somehow.

Kira left out the part that her mother and others were actually absent this morning - no need to complicate things.

"Where's everyone else?" Kira wonders.

Kirishima leads her to where all the others have gathered, aweing at their surroundings. Of course, Bakugou and Todoroki didn't turn up.

"This place is huge!" Ochaco spins around on the spot.

"Hey! Are those kids from the Sports Festival!?" Someone yells, pointing at them.

"Yeah!" Another replies.

"You guys were awesome!"

"You guys kicked ass!"

Kira turns away from the cheering bystanders - she's sure they're not cheering for her... no one has yet.