Chapter 7 - The Vicious Artificial Nomu

~~~

Seven Years Ago

"Okay." She nodded, taking her mother's hand in hers. "What about the baddest villain?"

"You're not going to stop until you get an answer, are you?" Light Bringer laughed.

Kira shook her head vigorously.

"Let me think," she hummed, placing her finger on her chin and looked to the sky.

~

Present Day

Bakugou blows apart another section of the building in their attempt to descend.

"I really don't think that's a good idea," Kira says, stepping through the hole he just made.

"This is the quickest way to get to that stupid villain," he argues.

"And if the building comes down?"

He turns round to her. "You got a better idea?"

She opens her mouth to speak, but nothing comes to mind.

"That's what I thought," he says quietly, as he blasts apart another wall.

Kira looks to Kirishima but he simply nods, before stepping through the wall after Bakugou. She hesitates, curious how the other students are holding up. Hopefully, they're in a better condition than her right now.

"Keep up!" Bakugou yells from way up front as he explodes another wall.

"Seriously, how many rooms are in this building?" Kirishima whines.

Kira dashes through the hole that Bakugou made, before spotting the stairs in the corner of her eye.

"Guys!" She calls out, using her hands to amplify her voice. "Stairs!"

"Alright!" Kirishima grins.

Bakugou stomps back and Kira peers over the banister, the vertigo making her nauseous. She steps back from the side, her legs wobbly.

"We're high up," she says dumbly. "It's gonna take us a while until we get to the ground floor. Where do we go from there?"

"Let's just get there first," Kirishima says, resting a hand on her shoulder, in an effort to comfort her.

"Move it," Bakugou grumbles, pushing past both of them and taking the stairs two at a time.

Kira and Kirishima shake their heads at each other with a smile. Bakugou's attitude has started to grow on them a little bit. They follow after him, Kirishima taking the rear.

"Stupid stairs," Kira mumbles.

They're only able to descend a few flights when a large villain ambushes them, flinging their entire body towards Bakugou.

"Watch out!" Kira yelps, reaching a hand out to Bakugou instinctively.

But he's fast - Bakugou leaps high, barely avoiding the attack.

"You children are very, very noisy," the villain speaks, its voice high and raspy.

Kira wafts some of the dust away from her face, finally viewing the villain properly. They're roughly eleven feet tall, with dark red dreadlocks swept back with a few thick strands hanging across their face. Or should she say faces? The villain has two - one of them appears to be male, while the other is female.

"Staring is rude, y'know," they say, flexing their huge arms.

"You wanna take this one?" Kirishima says to Bakugou, who grins at the villain with malicious intent.